MAC or PC ?

Tools    

I've been a PC user my whole life up until last year when I got a iMac, I'm back running windows while my Mac is down but I'm going back to Mac once its done.

What are you Mac or PC ?

A system of cells interlinked
Both - I currently run a MacPro Quad Core and a Dual Core Windows XP machine on my desk. At home, I use mostly PC, but I also have an old G4 kicking around. I prefer to work on MAC in the design apps I use, but I manage my file server with my PC. I also prefer to use PC for personal computing, like gaming and such.

My MAC:

My PC, which I built myself:

was a PC most my life but been a mac for past 3 years

You ready? You look ready.
The price to computer power ratio hasn't been in favor of Mac for quite sometime now. You can get a PC to scream for a fraction of the cost of a entry level Mac. There's much to be said about that, so I use PC.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
I agree to a point, but in a design environment, PCs are strictly inferior. Windows is clearly the inferior OS; you can't even try to argue that Windows is anywhere near as good as Unix. It just isn't.

We both build machines though, and PC is clearly the way to go there, as you said.

Oh and my the way, you can't build a PC with hardware as fast as the brand new 8-core MAC. Of course, you can't buy that MAC either, unless you have many thousands of dollars kicking around.

Ludicrous Speed!

Oh and my the way, you can't build a PC with hardware as fast as the brand new 8-core MAC. Of course, you can't buy that MAC either, unless you have many thousands of dollars kicking around.

Ludicrous Speed!
That's only because no manufacture has released a dual CPU board for the Core i7. I assure you that it won't be long before someone does and makes the whole argument moot.

The Core i7 (an Intel/PC part...kinda funny how Apple switched over, eh? Just goes to show you that all Apple is doing these days is slapping a large ticket price on their machines and OS, but that's no different from Microsoft) is a quad core with hyper-threading. Meaning you put on in a computer and it simulates 8 cores, so while you can't have two in a PC...you can build a PC with just 1 for a third of the cost of the Mac Pro. That says a lot about PC right there, but not only that...you can go out and run Mac on your PC if you get the Intel based OS and you tinker with it for awhile. It won't run right out of the box, since Apple doesn't want you to do that, because they've designed it to run on exclusive hardware, but PC hardware nonetheless. Need I repeat that all Apple is doing is slapping a huge ticket price on their machines?

Nuff said. I'll take my cheap PC.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I've been a PC for most my life, until I hit college, when I bought a POWERBOOK for $400. Threw Final Cut Pro on it, yeah it ran it...

I bought a Macbook Pro when they had the student deal of getting a free iPod. So I have a 30GB iPod and the iPod touch which I got from the deal.

After using a MAC, it is so difficult to go back to PC, when I do for printing word documents (ahahahaha)

I will give PC credit though, I use it for gaming.

&feature=related

Suspect's Reviews

After using a MAC, it is so difficult to go back to PC, when I do for printing word documents (ahahahaha)

I will give PC credit though, I use it for gaming.
That's pretty much my opinion.

I agree PCs are the smarter choice financially but if you have the means to buy a Mac and aren't a serious gamer, go get one.
After you use a Mac OS for a while its hard to go back to Windows, Macs are so much simpler. I still have a PC that I do most of my gaming on but Mac's can handle games, just not the high end stuff.

I have a MAC, and I run windows XP, Ubuntu, and OS10 on it. Windows is best for everyday usage, Mac is best for graphics and stability, Umbuntu is best for both ---but ony if you ar running it on a Mac. Hope that clears things up.

I've used Macs quite a bit, and I don't find them that simple. They're not complex or anything, but they're not a beacon of simplicity. No different from a PC, IMO.

I've used Macs quite a bit, and I don't find them that simple. They're not complex or anything, but they're not a beacon of simplicity. No different from a PC, IMO.
That's the craziest thing Ive ever heard

LOL you are a PC user so no surprises there
There are so many things/applications that I run on my PC that if I were to switch to a Mac I'd be left hung out to dry. Support by developers is no where near that of PC. Although it is changing these days...same with Linux. I've ran all sorts of machines and OSes, but nothing can match the flexibility of a PC running Windows. Sure, it might not edit media as well as a Mac, but there's a whole lot more a PC does better than a Mac. It's all about weighing the benefits.