The "Lists Are Fun" Top 200 Films

Tools    

The what?

I like lists. Lists are fun. I have compiled 14 Top 100 Movie lists published from 1996-2011. Those have given me a field of over 430 films. I gave the films points based on their rankings on the lists and came up with a Top 200. I chose lists selected by critics, such as the AFI 100 Years, 100 Movies lists, and fan-voted lists, including the MoFo Lists. I saw personal favorites fall by the wayside and saw movies I consider complete junk settle comfortably into list. Anyway, I thought I'd share my results with you. So this is my "Lists Are Fun" Top 200...

This list should kill your list: http://www.theyshootpictures.com/gf1...l1000films.htm
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The hazards of fan-voted lists...
Beavis and Butt-Head Do America is one of the funniest comedies of that decade. There are so many fantastic moments...

... Detective Butt-Head in position to rescue the woman hanging off the edge of the building, but distracted by the opportunity of looking down her top...

... Beavis slowly breaking down after losing the TV...

... the best misunderstanding of a word since The Conversation, with many great lines like 'You want us to do a guy? No way!' 'I don't know, Butt-Head, that is a lot of money'...

...'is this a God dam?'...

... 'How did wood get so hard?'...

... the whole plane seatbelt/we're going to die bit...

... 'This is it, Beavis. We're finally going to score.' 'Thank God.'...

... Beavis and Butt-Head being struck by lightning for what they did in Church...

... Beavis remembering the last time he scored...

... 'we are ready to do you now'...

The other movie in that post, The Boondock Saints, really is terrible though.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Love L.A. Confidential and could never really understand the hype around The Bicycle Thieves but oh well. And we won't get into Requiem.

Is white trash beautiful
Not a bad list so far Love Requiem for a Dream and Deadman Walking. I am excited to see the rest of the list.