Surprising Celebrity Relations

Tools    

The only one of these I didn't know about was Albert Brooks and Super Dave.
Well now the secret is out...

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

David Cassidy (Partridge Family) and Shaun Cassidy (The Hardy Boys) are half brothers. Shirley Jones is Sean's mother, and David's step-mom (I think you need to be *ahem* mature to remember these two fellas. They were popular awhile ago...). They have another brother, Patrick, also.

They also have another brother named Ryan.

The Nepotism Thread

Just an addition to your post, Holden, I just very recently discovered that Bryce Dallas Howard, of The Village and Lady in the Water fame, is Ron Howard's daughter:

Even before Andy Griffith, both Cliff appeared in the movie The Courtship of Eddie's Father. Ron played Glenn Ford's son, Eddie and Clint appeared as an extra ij a party scene.

[quote=Mrs. Darcy;396859]Up-and-coming actor, Owen Kline of The Anniversary Party and The Squid and the Whale, is the son of Kevin Kline (A Fish Called Wanda, Sophie's Choice) and Phoebe Cates (Fast Times at Ridgemont High). He has a younger sister, Greta, who appeared in the same movies as Owen, as did his parents.

Owen was terrific in The Squid and the Whale

My teenage heart-throb, Matt Dillon, of The Outsiders, There's Something About Mary, and Crash, is the older brother of
Kevin Dillon of Platoon and Entourage.

I don't know how anyone could not know about Matt and Kevin...they look EXACTLY alike.

My brother asked me to look up if Peter Billingsley (A Christmas Story) was related to Barbara Billingsley (Leave it to Beaver).
Turns out they had mutual relatives by marriage but were not related by blood. Barbara was married for 7 years (1940 - 1947) to the first cousin of Peter's father (and thus shared the same last name).

My brother asked me to look up if Peter Billingsley (A Christmas Story) was related to Barbara Billingsley (Leave it to Beaver).
Turns out they had mutual relatives by marriage but were not related by blood. Barbara was married for 7 years (1940 - 1947) to the first cousin of Peter's father (and thus shared the same last name).

I learned this one not too long ago...

Leo Gorcey (most famous as "Slip" in the Bowery Boys film series) was the son of the man who played "Louie" the malt-shop keeper in the Bowery Boys film series... his name was Bernard Gorcey!

The father and son (along with Bernard's other son David Gorcey) appeared in 44 films together!

Through their film careers, Bernard had finally established the father/son relationship that he hadn't given his boys in their younger years.

Melissa and Jenny McCarthy are cousins.

Conan O'Brien and Denis Leary are cousins.
I didn't know about either of these.[/quote]

What?? seriously? these both seem far fetched

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Alias co-star Michael Vartan has a famous cousin in French pop star David Hallyday, who made his Hollywood debut in the 1987 comedy He's My Girl opposite T.K. Carter.

I don't know how anyone could not know about Matt and Kevin...they look EXACTLY alike.
I agree. Just as Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez look just like their father, Martin.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Yup. She has played his on-screen mother once, so far, in David O. Russell's I ♥ Huckabees.

There is another Schwartzman, in the form of Robert Schwartzman, Jason's younger brother who is best known for his role as Michael Moskowitz in The Princess Diaries. He would form his own rock band, Rooney (named after the famous Ed Rooney of Ferris Bueller's Day Off) and changed his name to both "Robert Carmine" and "Robert Cage" (after cousin Nicolas Cage).

However, today, Robert is known as the founder of distribution label Utopia, which releases indie films and even scored the rights to the 1986 film "Rad", having re-released the film in select theaters before a DVD/Blu_Ray release. Robert's father Jack Schwartzman was executive producer of "Rad" and Talia Shire played the main character's mom. In fact, the production company behind "Rad" was named after Talia, "TaliaFilm II".