Coronavirus

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
It's why I'm hoping mine comes back positive.
When hubby tested positive about three weeks ago (we were surprised--his symptoms were like a mild cold), I waited to see when I would get it. I didn't. I tested with a PCR test last Friday--negative. I was a bit disappointed because, like you, *IF* I'm going to get it, I'd rather just get it over with. I'm vaxxed and boostered, so I too would anticipate slightly milder symptoms.

I'm about as afraid of Covid now as I would be of the seasonal flu. I anticipate my doctor asking me every year now whether I want a flu shot and whether I want the latest Covid shot/booster to deal with the variant of that particular year. It is what it is at this point.

When hubby tested positive about three weeks ago (we were surprised--his symptoms were like a mild cold), I waited to see when I would get it. I didn't. I tested with a PCR test last Friday--negative. I was a bit disappointed because, like you, *IF* I'm going to get it, I'd rather just get it over with. I'm vaxxed and boostered, so I too would anticipate slightly milder symptoms.
I wonder why you didn't get it? Assuming you were with him a lot. My wife texted me to call in sick for her Tuesday morning and then asked me to come home because she was that sick, first time in 25 years. Wednesday I started getting symptoms so mild I hesitate to call them symptoms, but I figured I should take off work the rest of the week just in case. I thought I must have it then but now I'm feeling so well I'm having doubts.

I wonder why you didn't get it? Assuming you were with him a lot. My wife texted me to call in sick for her Tuesday morning and then asked me to come home because she was that sick, first time in 25 years. Wednesday I started getting symptoms so mild I hesitate to call them symptoms, but I figured I should take off work the rest of the week just in case. I thought I must have it then but now I'm feeling so well I'm having doubts.
Well, we live in a big house and I have my own huge home office all decked out with everything I need to keep away from him (couch, TV, computer, desks, etc.). Very comfy up here. And once he showed symptoms of even the cold, I steered clear. I did have to drive him to get tested (his main symptom was fatigue/weariness and he didn't want to drive), so we spent nearly an hour in my small car together sharing the air. I figured that alone would do me in.

And he chose to sleep semi-upright in his comfy recliner in the living room, so we weren't breathing on each other overnight either.

Oddly, this was right around Christmas, and we had his daughter/son-in-law and his son over for the day, just before he started showing symptoms. I sat right next to his son for a few hours--and his son had Covid at that gathering but didn't realize it yet. So I dodged that bullet too. Both his son and daughter ended up with Covid around this same time (and neither of them has been vaxxed). They both had mild symptoms too, despite no vaccinations.

Well, we live in a big house and I have my own huge home office all decked out with everything I need to keep away from him (couch, TV, computer, desks, etc.). Very comfy up here. And once he showed symptoms of even the cold, I steered clear. I did have to drive him to get tested (his main symptom was fatigue/weariness and he didn't want to drive), so we spent nearly an hour in my small car together sharing the air. I figured that alone would do me in.

And he chose to sleep semi-upright in his comfy recliner in the living room, so we weren't breathing on each other overnight either.

Oddly, this was right around Christmas, and we had his daughter/son-in-law and his son over for the day, just before he started showing symptoms. I sat right next to his son for a few hours--and his son had Covid at that gathering but didn't realize it yet. So I dodged that bullet too. Both his son and daughter ended up with Covid around this same time (and neither of them has been vaxxed). They both had mild symptoms too, despite no vaccinations.
Well I just got back a negative test which is annoying as hell. There are a lot of possibilities apparently. I may have tested too soon or it's possible I could be positive but tested negative due to where the virus has a stronghold in my body. A realistic possibility for me since I never seem to get sick is that I have a natural immunity system that would automatically fight it off. It's also quite possible that I had it and was asymptomatic, and then spread it to my wife who in turn gave it to her friend. Speaking of her friend, who is a teacher, she is expected back at work this week even if she is still testing positive. That is quite surprising to me.

Duplicate Account (locked)
Well I just got back a negative test which is annoying as hell. There are a lot of possibilities apparently. I may have tested too soon or it's possible I could be positive but tested negative due to where the virus has a stronghold in my body. A realistic possibility for me since I never seem to get sick is that I have a natural immunity system that would automatically fight it off. It's also quite possible that I had it and was asymptomatic, and then spread it to my wife who in turn gave it to her friend. Speaking of her friend, who is a teacher, she is expected back at work this week even if she is still testing positive. That is quite surprising to me.

dude, chill. So much of the time i find that "i don't know" is the best answer to everything. One time around March 2020, i had a bunch of stuff to do during the day, but in the morning I felt like i was getting a cold, so i freaked out and was like "well i might have COVID, time to get a test", then i went and got one which came back negative. Then, I realized that it was probably the sleep aide that made me feel that way, i wasn't actually sick at all.

dude, chill. So much of the time i find that "i don't know" is the best answer to everything. One time around March 2020, i had a bunch of stuff to do during the day, but in the morning I felt like i was getting a cold, so i freaked out and was like "well i might have COVID, time to get a test", then i went and got one which came back negative. Then, I realized that it was probably the sleep aide that made me feel that way, i wasn't actually sick at all.
Well it's just that I've been with my wife who is positive so I wanted to be positive as well and get it over with so I can stop dealing with what ifs.

So my manager's wife works at a hospital. She can still go to work even if she's positive as long as she doesn't have symptoms. I did not know this.

So my manager's wife works at a hospital. She can still go to work even if she's positive as long as she doesn't have symptoms. I did not know this.
I do wonder if some of this is due to the CDC changing to five days instead of ten days for self-isolation. And I wonder how much of that change was because so much of the work force is currently crippled for various reasons.

Hubby stuck with ten days since he had the available sick time and we wanted to be as safe as possible.

Also, we know several people who have gotten Covid twice. One is still unvaccinated, so that would explain that. Unsure about the status of the other one. I'm curious to see if we vaxxed/boostered people can get it more than once. If it's a different variant, I would not be surprised if it could hit someone more than once. Which, again, makes me think our future is to have yearly Covid shots the way we are offered yearly flu shots.

I’m confused. You seem such a careful person: why did you allow the son & daughter to visit unvaxxed?

I did not know this either.

Oh, yes, sign me up on Wednesday!

I’m confused. You seem such a careful person: why did you allow the son & daughter to visit unvaxxed?
Because we were vaxxed and boosted, and I'm not overly afraid of this variant. Also, the daughter and son-in-law had Covid back in the spring, so we were a bit surprised when they said they got it again.

And I didn't realize his son was unvaxxed until after the fact, though that wouldn't have changed anything. Frankly, vaccines are typically for the person getting vaccinated more so than those around them, anyway. In theory at least.

I am a careful person, but I am also learning how to go back to my life. We were as careful as we felt we needed to be while they were visiting (in our large house, sitting across from us in our 17x20' living room). I didn't even hug anyone.

And I came out unscathed. They all ended up with Covid... but not from our gathering. They each got it from other sources before we got together. We did not know any of them (or my husband) had Covid until a few days later.

My brother and nephew came to visit for a few days. He’s vaccinated. He just tested positive. I just took a self test. Also positive.
Sorry to hear that, hopefully it's really mild and everyone is OK.

Well this is just great. Had a phone appointment with a doctor this evening. He said he was going to prescribe a cough med and an inhaler. I have Kaiser and told him to send the prescription to the 24 hour pharmacy. He said okay, have someone pick it up for you. I asked my friend who went about an hour later. No order for meds. I spent forever on the phone trying to get this crap sorted only to be told that the doctor didn’t order the meds or mention any prescription in his notes so I have to get a new appointment and there’s nothing available until tomorrow. Couldn’t sleep worth a damn last night because of the coughing, which was what the meds were supposed to help with. So this is awesome.

Well this is just great. Had a phone appointment with a doctor this evening. He said he was going to prescribe a cough med and an inhaler. I have Kaiser and told him to send the prescription to the 24 hour pharmacy. He said okay, have someone pick it up for you. I asked my friend who went about an hour later. No order for meds. I spent forever on the phone trying to get this crap sorted only to be told that the doctor didn’t order the meds or mention any prescription in his notes so I have to get a new appointment and there’s nothing available until tomorrow. Couldn’t sleep worth a damn last night because of the coughing, which was what the meds were supposed to help with. So this is awesome.
How stressful & so very annoying. Hope you have it sorted now. So sorry you have a positive result.

Free covid tests for anyone interested.
https://www.covidtests.gov/
Mine are on the way.

Yes, Covid is spreading very quickly. I am covid positive.