The MoFo Filmmaking Thread

Tools    

The best place to start is by reading scripts, get a couple of those under your belt and you understand the conventions and formatting.
I second this. Reading scripts and watching movies is so valuable for any filmmaker.

Though not much else, I am an aspiring filmmaker myself. I graduated high school recently, and am looking into film schools
I've made a number of short films, but I have rarely shared them with people. We'll have to see if I can draw up the courage to post some here.

I have about 30 actors I need to audition for episode 3 of my crime thriller.. got my work cut out for me.

Also I produced my first song last night.. still need to tweak it a little bit. And will make a music video for that in about 6 weeks that will be viewed at a convention in the netherlands by about 1,500 people.

Ending up scheduling 40 auditions over 2 weekends.
I also got my tascam dr-70d in the mail today. Although it didn't come with an SD card so I can't play with it yet, the form of it is very nice.

I mounted my camera on top and put the whole thing on a stabilizer and it was a big improvement. DSLRs need a little more weight to be handheld, but it wasn't so heavy that it would kill my back.

I've made a number of short films, but I have rarely shared them with people. We'll have to see if I can draw up the courage to post some here.
Bring them on...

Finished with auditions now. Read through with the cast scheduled for monday.

I also just penned the first draft of the finale for my crime thriller (ep 4).
I remember being nervous that I raised the bar too high with episode 3 but wow what an ending! If other people are half as impressed with these scripts as I am then it's going to be one hell of a web series.

Fired my lead actor for being unreliable :/
I've never fired anyone before.

Now the rest better fall in line
Haha actually I'm half tempted to cross dress a woman and have her play my leading man. So many more actresses than actors.

Exciting news!! Tom Cruise and Christian Slater are both on board for my next movie!

Interview with the Vampire 2 - Undeadpan.
These guys really look like cruise and slater. I'll be picking up right where the first movie left off.

I've never made my own fake blood before, but I did tonight!
Wow this stuff is delicious, it would be great on pancakes!
What did you use to make it?

What did you use to make it?
1 cup corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons of red food coloring
3 drops green food coloring
1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup
2 tablespoons of cornstarch

Hell of a time trying to find an actress willing to be topless, I'm trying to raise money now to pay more.
Selling my drum set, night vision goggles and umm.. some old magic cards

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm pretty sure Sexy will take the job for free.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I didn't know such a thread existed. How can a filmmaker so full of himself, possibly resist such temptation:

Short Film: The Filmmaker

And another one:

Short Film: Follow That Dream

And here's one more. Please don't judge the title or the content. We were just having fun.

Short: Watching TV with crazy abusive gf

It's all in good fun. She's not angry at him either. She's angry at the TV