What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Today, it's Twister. I have a secret like for weather movies. I've been way way too close to a couple of tornadoes, and sat through several hurricanes, so watching one from my easy chair is a cheap, low risk thrill. I won't even have to saw up fallen trees after a cinematic twister. This one has the added feature of a co-star, Jamie Gertz. She's not much of a star, but her by-line includes extreme wealth (like 3.2 billion). She just does movies for recreation.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Today, it's Twister. I have a secret like for weather movies. I've been way way too close to a couple of tornadoes, and sat through several hurricanes, so watching one from my easy chair is a cheap, low risk thrill. I won't even have to saw up fallen trees after a cinematic twister. This one has the added feature of a co-star, Jamie Gertz. She's not much of a star, but her by-line includes extreme wealth (like 3.2 billion). She just does movies for recreation.

Twister is one of those movies that I almost always end up watching when I'm flipping channels and I see it's on.

When I lived in Texas, there was a tornado sighting near where I was living at the time, so I got in my car and I went out to look for it. I had never seen one in real life, and I was curious about them. Fortunately for me, I wasn't able to find it.

Twister is one of those movies that I almost always end up watching when I'm flipping channels and I see it's on.

When I lived in Texas, there was a tornado sighting near where I was living at the time, so I got in my car and I went out to look for it. I had never seen one in real life, and I was curious about them. Fortunately for me, I wasn't able to find it.
I've been way, way too close to two of them, but saw neither. I was too busy running and screaming to do anything other than head for shelter.

Number 3 was a very minimal tornado (40 mph), surprisingly at the beach in NC. Seeing the clouds, I looked around, it got windy all of a sudden, my hat took off and I realized that sand, leaves and my hat were going around in circles. I looked up and clearly saw the funnel, for all of about 5 seconds. I saw the hat going around in circles and then it came down and I retrieved it. After that my kids called it the tornado hat.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've been way, way too close to two of them, but saw neither. I was too busy running and screaming to do anything other than head for shelter.

Number 3 was a very minimal tornado (40 mph), surprisingly at the beach in NC. Seeing the clouds, I looked around, it got windy all of a sudden, my hat took off and I realized that sand, leaves and my hat were going around in circles. I looked up and clearly saw the funnel, for all of about 5 seconds. I saw the hat going around in circles and then it came down and I retrieved it. After that my kids called it the tornado hat.

That sounds kind of cool, but in a scary way, almost like something out of a movie. It sounds like you were lucky that it was a mild tornado and you weren't hurt, but at least you got a cool story to tell about it.

When I went looking for the tornado, I didn't want to get close to it. I just wanted to see it, and then turn around and run away from it. But that was back when I was younger and stupider.

That sounds kind of cool, but in a scary way, almost like something out of a movie. It sounds like you were lucky that it was a mild tornado and you weren't hurt, but at least you got a cool story to tell about it.

When I went looking for the tornado, I didn't want to get close to it. I just wanted to see it, and then turn around and run away from it. But that was back when I was younger and stupider.
Actually, I never went looking for any of them. Fortunately, they were all fairly small, but, if you'd asked me that morning whether I'd rather be too close to a twister...OR...have Chinese food in the mall, I'd pick Chinese food in the mall.

I bought the Michael J Murphy Magic, Myth and Mutilation blu ray box set today. It contains 26 films. I also got the 4 film favourites War dvd set today.

The war set includes: Bridges At Toko-Ri, The, Hell is for Hero's, Enemy At The Gates and Defiance.

The Michael J Murphy set includes: Tristan and Iseult / Happy Ever After / Secrets / Almost a Movie / The Cell / Stay / Death in the Family / Qualen / Invitation to Hell / The Last Night / Bloodstream / Legend of the Hero / Death Run / Avalon / Moonchild / Torment / Atlantis / Second Sight / Road to Nowhere / The Rite of Spring / Tristan / Roxi / Skare / ZK3 / Nekros: Isle of the Dead / The Return of Alan Strange.

I went to The Beat Goes On and bought some new used movies. I got:

The Last of The Mohicans director's cut blu ray
Act of Valor blu ray
TCM Greatest classic films: War dvd
TCM Greatest classic films: World War II dvd
TCM Greatest classic films: Battlefront Asia dvd
Allegheny Uprising dvd
The Alamo (2004) dvd

I have an odd obsession with having all of Richard Stanley's feature films on DVD, which includes...this and two other films.
There's a code for a 30-day trial to Shudder included. Hopefully, it's not expired.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
I'm tired of waiting for Disney to release the theatrical cuts of the original Star Wars trilogy that I finally said "screw it" and bought their only-ever official DVD release box set from back in 2006 yesterday off eBay.

I'm tired of waiting for Disney to release the theatrical cuts of the original Star Wars trilogy that I finally said "screw it" and bought their only-ever official DVD release box set from back in 2006 yesterday off eBay.

are u going to get other star wars movies for ur star wars collection?

preorderd the last of us tv series cause i been fan of the last of us game series
You’re going to enjoy it. Good buy.

The Outer Limits, Seasons 1 and 2. These mid-60's sci-fi-wierdness episodes are amazing in how well written and acted they were. FX are fairly cheesy, but you realize that the FX (mainly the monster of the week) is just a visual manifestation for the spiritual or moral condition of a character or creature. The mood of the show was considered to by hypnotic at that time, and I would not argue with that.

Same purchase - Kolchak, The Night Stalker. It had about a dozen and a half episodes, 1974 - 1975. Carl Kolchak was a nosy newspaper reporter who always found a monster, spook or something weird when a crime was committed. Of course, half of the enjoyment is that nobody believes him.

Darren McGavin created a terrific character here.