What was the best movie you watched or rewatched in 2017?

Tools    

I, Daniel Blake I saw for the first time and The Great Beauty was rewatch, so I'm not cheating
Nuh UUUH! One movie watched OR rewatched. (not being serious btw... I'm teasing you! )

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

I, Daniel Blake I saw for the first time and The Great Beauty was rewatch, so I'm not cheating
Nuh UUUH! One movie watched OR rewatched. (not being serious btw... I'm teasing you! )
OR? I thought it was AND
I know, Cat

happy death day

best new film I saw was The Viceroy's House, I went to see it twice, something I haven't done for years.

BEst old film that I hadn't seen before was A Gentleman at Heart (1942). Very funny comedy about art forgery.

Best of 2017:

Either Frantz, The Florida Project or The Killing of a Scared Deer

Best I watched in the last 12 months:

Either Three Colours Blue, The Fountain or Force Majeure. Or maybe Ratcatcher. Or Lilyah-4-ever. Or Riffifi. Or perhaps Mommy.

This is way harder than I thought it would be.

Same. A lot more than I realised. I know we did a sort of MoFo top actors thing a few months ago (****ed if I can find it, though), and I'm just hoping I included him when I hurriedly made up my list. I do those list things in far too much of a hurry for them to be too accurate.

If I left him out...

It has been brought to my attention that I indeed DID leave him out.

Welcome to the human race...
Best 2017 watch: Blade Runner 2049
Best new watch: The Phantom Carriage
Best re-watch: Suspiria

Weird is relative.
It's too hard to only choose two, so out of 223 films I viewed in 2017, including nine re-watches, I nominate...

The Big Short (2015) as my favorite re-watch

Paths of the Soul, a documentary, as my top pick from 2016 (I spent a lot of time catching up on 2016 films during the first few months of 2017)

Lucky, starring the late Harry Dean Stanton, as my #1 choice of what I had viewed (in 2017) of new 2017 releases

Bon Cop, Bad Cop (2006), as my favorite first-time view from a year other than 2016 or 2017 (most of what I saw was from those two years)

10 Runner-ups for first-time watches:

Minuscule: Valley of the Lost Ants (2014)

Paterson (2016)

Aquarius (2016)

Embrace of the Serpent (2016)

Big Fish & Begonia (2016 in China)

Logan (2017)

Baby Driver (2017)

Dunkirk (2017)

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Okja (2017)

Finally, Bokeh (2017) gets a shout-out for being unique and picturesque, even if it wasn't a very well-done movie. With the right direction and script, it could have been amazing.

(Unless otherwise noted, I am using the North American release years.)

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
My favorite movie of 2017 is either Baby Driver, or The Disaster Artist, but I haven't seen many movies last year.

Hi. I watched The Host twice, last year. I really loved it. The plot was so good. I have actually read its novel of the same name, first. The scenes were action-packed and interesting. The character of Melanie, Jared and Ian suited those of the book. I was satisfied with this film, that’s why I watched it twice. Bye!