Polish Corner

Tools    

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Welcome to the Polish Corner. I hope it would be fun and interesting
@Dani8 you are more than welcome here I remember when I signed in here almost year ago, you were the first MoFo I was speaking with and you wrote me few words in Polish, what was very sweet

@SeeingisBelieving I was convinced, before I came here, that the most known Polish director is Wajda. I prefer Kieslowski far far more than Wajda so it was good news

@ashdoc You're knowledge of Polish history is impressive. It would be fun to compare foreigner's opinions about Poland with my own.

@MovieGal Let's be honest, I don't have a chance against you. I give up.
Dont give up. Im sure you are closer in age and location than I am.

Its all good.

@Dani8 you are more than welcome here I remember when I signed in here almost year ago, you were the first MoFo I was speaking with and you wrote me few words in Polish, what was very sweat
I think its

Sweet

@ashdoc You're knowledge of Polish history is impressive. It would be fun to compare foreigner's opinions about Poland with my own.
your post has encouraged me to try to remember more about polish history .

the poles actually occupied russian capital moscow ( i think in 1620 ) when they were a great power . poland also defeated the teutonic knights ( germans ) in the great battle of tannenberg , thus stopping german expansion into slav lands and creating a land corridor to the baltic sea---a source of future conflict in the second world war .

my comment of poles being foolhardy should not be taken in a negative way . i mean to say , way too brave beyond their capabilities .

@Ms. M

lol trying to pass him off on each other
@Mr Minio

See above
@Dani8

You can have him. Oh wait, you're married.

my comment of poles being foolhardy should not be taken in a negative way . i mean to say , way too brave beyond their capabilities .
How is it possible you remember it all? I don't know much about India, for example

I agree absolutely with your last sentence. This is exactly what our history shows.

How is it possible you remember it all? I don't know much about India, for example

I agree absolutely with your last sentence. This is exactly what our history shows.
i have read some history

Here is the greatest moment of polish history on celluloid . A seven minute clip of king Jan Sobieski and his forces defeating the turks outside vienna , which was besieged by the turks in 1683 .

battle of tannenberg 1410 . poland-lithuania defeat the teutonic knights . 18 minute clip .

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You can have him. Oh wait, you're married.
And you are too far away. I guess @Ms. M is my only option.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

@SeeingisBelieving I was convinced, before I came here, that the most known Polish director is Wajda. I prefer Kieslowski far far more than Wajda so it was good news
I like Three Colours a lot, with Red being my favourite. I've been wanting to see The Double Life of Veronique for a long long time and I have it now so it's just being in the right mood . I haven't heard of Wajda so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
@Dani8 you are more than welcome here I remember when I signed in here almost year ago, you were the first MoFo I was speaking with and you wrote me few words in Polish, what was very sweet
Thanks MsM. All is cool. MrMin was just joking and the only reason I couldnt explain yesterday is because I'm in hospital. I am here to cheer the opening of the Polish Corner.