Fantasy Awards Season

Tools    

This is something I have heard the Battleship Pretension guys talk about the last couple of years. If a few people are interested I will be more than willing to run it. It won't be a big time commitment but it will require checking in for the draft fairly frequently so it keeps moving. Read the rules at the link below and if interested respond in the thread.

http://battleshippretension.com/fantasy-awards-league/

So is this like fantasy football but for movies?

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

If that's the case then give me a quick tl;dr of how to do this because I'm not familiar with how to do this.
Follow the link for all the details but basically you draft according to category and then get points based on nominations and wins through all the various awards.

Follow the link for all the details but basically you draft according to category and then get points based on nominations and wins through all the various awards.
If other people join this then I might also give this a try

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I dont know how this fantasy stuff works.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Seems like a weak Oscar year. Of course I probably haven't done my research, but there isn't anything that looks like I must go to the theater to see it. Of course, last year was jam packed.

Seems like a weak Oscar year. Of course I probably haven't done my research, but there isn't anything that looks like I must go to the theater to see it. Of course, last year was jam packed.
I think lots of stuff looks pretty good but we have new Payne, PTA, and Star Wars. I am a happy camper.

Unfortunately don't think it is happening brother. Read the rules and let me know though, if you think it will work with just me and you I will be more than willing to do it.

Unfortunately don't think it is happening brother. Read the rules and let me know though, if you think it will work with just me and you I will be more than willing to do it.
It says: Appropriate for 2 or more players (suggested maximum of 10). Plus Yam and Raul are maybes and we could probably get another few, i don't know what i thought this was but i deliberately didn't open this thread earlier for some reason. Others who could be interested may have done the same.

Ah screw it I'll give this a try
Cool. That's at least three. @rauldc14, you in? I will bump it the next couple if days and we can start Friday. Sound good to everyone?

Been hearing the new Linklater is terrible
Are you talking about Everyone Wants Some or has he made a new one that I haven't heard of?

Are you talking about Everyone Wants Some or has he made a new one that I haven't heard of?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Flag_Flying

It's a sequel to The Last Detail which is pretty great. Been hearing it's nothing like it tho and is basically a complete failure from people i often agree with; fans of Linklater.