The Twilight Saga: New Moon

→ in
Tools    

I refuse to see it. After reading Anne Rice books when I was younger, my friend told me that Twilight was amazing, so I read it. One of the worst pieces of crap I have ever read in my life. However, the concept isn't all in vain. If you compare Twilight to True Blood (a personal favorite), they have major similarities. Of course the human and vampire relationship, but Sam in True Blood is pretty much the same guy as the werewolf friend of Bella. Theres the whole love story and "other vampires aren't as nice thing". Really, Twilight is a very poor version of True Blood. Know that the Sookie Stackhouse series (what True Blood was adopted from) came out before Twilight. Coincidence?...

Oh and I did see the first movie to see if it was any good, not really.

First of all...
DAAAAMN!!!
that Jacob guy...hmmm, shirtless all the time???
what were they trying to do?!
hahah
anyway...nice movie for teenagers, better than the first one for sure.

I don't really understand the fascination with vampires. I like Bela Lugosi as Dracula, but that's about it. I did like Twilight, the movie, though. I thought it was kind of different. But, just like Anne Rice's vampires, they're yet again cutesy, pretty boy vampires.

Somebody needs to make a movie where trailer park women fall head over heels in love with fat, redneck, Bubba type vampires that BBQ their victims.

You know, I kinda agree with you. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm no stranger to the newer vampire ideas, but back way back when vampires weren't sexy, overly seductive, sparkly(beginning to gag....) beauties. I wouldn't mind seeing them in a different light.

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
I really enjoyed the Second Film (New Moon). I am currently in the process of reading the first book, and after doing so I can see why people are very disappointed with the movies. I believe that the first movie wasn't as good as the second. Sure it lacks some action, but then again, when was the story about action? Its more of a Love-Story. I have to agree Kristen Stewarts acting is appalling, but Peter Facinelli (Carlisle) aced his scenes. I cant say that Robert Pattinson's acting was great, but it wasn't terrible. Then again guys, when is it that you see a leading actor's performance being superb.

One movie had a leading actor that made the movie the greatest action flick of all time, and that was 'Taken' Starring Liam Neeson. That's only one movie I can recall that had an awesome leading actor, and main cast. That's my opinion, any ways.

now it's one of my favorite movie...

Who is Bella in this movie? Bella is a lady who cries for her beloved, the vampire, and who wishes to give up her life as a living person, perhaps give up on her soul, for the man she loves. She is about to graduate and yet she shows no interest in a career path. She doesn't plan for college. She has no hobbies. She makes no plans at all, apart for the near-suicidal thoughts of giving up her life to be next to a vampire.

What a message for girls! It's a good thing she has two different male figures - strong, agile, kind-hearted, etc. - who wish nothing else than *protect* her of the dangers of the world out there. Good thing indeed! And you have to wonder why two guys would be so much in love with a girl who has barely any personality. She has no passions to speak of, no knowledge on a specific subject, she can hardly even smile!! How gracious is that? But in Stephanie Meyer's world, a girl can only be happy while she sits idly next to a guy watching him fix motorcycles. Then she can almost smile at times. It takes a guy to make a girl happy, nothing more or less! Bella risks her life on a frequent basis just so, during the adrenaline rushes, she can "meet" Edward. Oh yeah, the guy who leaves her and yet deserves all that. Seriously, how much more of a doormat could that girl be?

And is it really what girls are watching and getting their messages from? How about when they find out that, in the real world, boys have sexual urges and won't be so respectful as vampires and werewolves? How much of their selves and safety and self-respect will they give up for the *honor* of being with a guy?

In short, the movie only wasn't boring when it irritated me for its messages for girls. Moms who takes their kids to this movies, please... talk to them that in the real world guys are our equals and nothing more than that.

Happy New Year from Philly!

Somebody needs to make a movie where trailer park women fall head over heels in love with fat, redneck, Bubba type vampires that BBQ their victims.

How about 30 Days of Night, Near Dark, Nosferatu, The Thirst or Shadow of the Vampire. These aren't romanticized vampires. There is a vampire novel I read years ago about a college professor, who is a vampire and a campus cook, whose hobby is hunting. Both are tremendously bored and the knowledge that they are each out there hunting the other gives zest to their otherwise humdrum lives. If anyone knows the title of this novel, let me know what it is?

I really hate Twilight movies. This movie is for teenage girls. This is not "vampire"...this is "romance teenager" movie.

I can't believe they don't have f*cking fang? and how in the hell they still alive due the sun light day time?

To me, True Blood is all the way better than Twilight. I like True Blood.

Twilight just BULLSH!T

Female Jungle Poster
I don't really understand the fascination with vampires. I like Bela Lugosi as Dracula, but that's about it. I did like Twilight, the movie, though. I thought it was kind of different. But, just like Anne Rice's vampires, they're yet again cutesy, pretty boy vampires.
I may be wrong (I usually am ), but it seems to me that TV and movies go into over-indulgent cycles. For example, supernatural/ghost-hunting shows (Ghost Hunters International, Paranormal State, Vampire Diaries, Twilight, etc.) and MTV hotties (Teen Moms, Jersey Shore, Peak Season, etc.) are experiencing a resurgence in popularity, causing a plethora of shows and movies to explode everywhere.

I just watch Frasier reruns til the latest fad flood abates.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

I would like everyone who is obsessed and/or had bought something of either Twilight, The Jonas Brother, and/or Hannah Montana/C.M. of age to watch both the Jonas Brothers and the vampire episode of South Park, after you have watched that, I will try to rest my case. I am sick and tired of having to hear about Twilight. The idea itself isn't even bad as it strikes extreme resemblance to True Blood if the main plot is looked at. (Make note that the Sookie Stackhouse books were made before Twilight was). beelzebubbles, kudos to what you said earlier.

I bid you all good day...

I said good day!

Whoa... I know kung-fu!
I've been meaning to post this pic for weeks now. Well, that's one New Year's Resolution that's done.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I love Jacob compare to Edward.. Bella should choose Jacob because he loves her very much that he would sacrifice himself for her.. but true love will prevail and that's what Edward and Bella have.. Can't wait for eclipse..

It was good movie. Much better than the first. Yet, it sends messages to teenage girls that if your boyfriend (because he moved away etc.), you have to do outrageous things to see his image. Girls need to remember that this is a fantasy movie. It isn't real and what is displayed won't work.

Im not really a fan fo Twilight,
if more for teenagers, however
my little sister has read the books
and is a big fan, but she told even
though she really liked "the twilight"
"New Moon" was a dissapointment

Lets see how they do it for the next sequels

Ray

Y'know what annoys me? A film like this comes out, it's huge and make this girl a big star

She's a good looking girl (looks better in this photo than most others I've seen) but nothing special.

Then I see this girl

I think "Yowzer!" who's that? Turns out, she's in the same bloody films but I've never seen her. Damn you media! Stop making the wrong people famous!!!