63.64%
14 votes
Ridley Scott
36.36%
8 votes
Frank Capra
22 votes. You may not vote on this poll

This film helps sway my vote:

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
People need to watch more Capra flix, although I'm not sure what Scott flix people are using to say that he's better than It Happened One Night, Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, Lost Horizon, You Can't Take It With You, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Meet John Doe, Arsenic and Old Lace, It's a Wonderful Life and State of the Union. I'd even go so far as to wager that Capra's The Bitter Tea of General Yen is a far more personal and visually-spectacular film that whatever you want to put up for Ridley, but I realize this is another lost cause.

I admit I need to see more Capra flicks, but Alien is so personal with me (it's been a favorite since I was a kid), and Blade Runner is an old favorite too. I just don't think Capra can beat him for me.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
Blade Runner, Alien and Gladiator for me =\ I have really close personal ties to Gladiator, i was only 10 when i first saw it and it changed my life (sad huh? so young) and i love Alien but i also like the sci-fi genre more than comedies pretty much, i dunno i think it's a genre thing to me they're both so different

PS. I know it must be frustrating to have to deal with us youngsters and our cinematic inexperience but bear with us! I've only seen two Capra films and i loved them both i just need more time!

Tough call. Most of the votes I can choose without pondering or researching much, but for this one, I'm gonna have to call up their filmographies and take a closer look. Back shortly with a vote.

After looking it over, I've gotta go with Capra; he's just got more films that I love. Scott's made a lot of poor or mediocre films, and given that I'm not as high on Blade Runner as most of you guys, that would leave Alien as his one masterpiece. Just not enough to overcome the likes of It Happened One Night, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, It's a Wonderful Life, etc.

Tougher call than most, but I'll go with Capra.