Lincoln

Tools    

This is looking way schmaltzier than I'd hoped.

Just a trailer, so I'll withhold any meaningful judgment. But the trailer is giving me a major tearjerking War Horse vibe.

I'm looking forward to this movie mostly for Daniel Day Lewis.From the trailer it looks like a slow,not very deep but a very beautiful film.

In the Beginning...
Huh. Well okay then.

First ‘Lincoln’ trailer debuts Daniel Day-Lewis’ presidential voice

If you're perplexed by the sound of Day-Lewis as President Abraham Lincoln, it may help to key you in to something historians have long known: Lincoln's voice was actually somewhat high. The trailer also seems to hint at Lincoln's health problems, as Day-Lewis is shown more than one time wrapped in a blanket while delivering his lines.

In spite of the fact that Lincoln was a whopping 6-feet 4-inches tall and strong, his speaking voice was higher and more shrill than that of politicians who dominated the American landscape back in the 1860s, according to leading Lincoln scholar Harold Holzer.

The trailer looks great. Heres the thing there are a lot of great actors today. Robert Downey Jr, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Denzel Washington, Gary Oldman and I'll even throw in Phillip Seymour Hoffman. And we got the greats like Al Pacino and Robert De Niro. But Daniel Day Lewis is probably the best actor alive. Surely one of the greatest of all time period. His performance can make a movie great. And pairing him with Steven Spielberg who is one of if not the greatest director ever is a recipe for success.