Best David Fincher Movie?

Tools    

You want to post like me?
It used to be Fight Club but since buying Zodiac on dvd that's become my firm favourite. I could watch that film over and over, it never gets boring despite the inconclusive ending. Great period detail, fascinating case, super performances (especially Downey Jnr) and a few scares too, modern classic.
Those are both awesome movies. Zodiac didn't blew me away half as much as Fight Club did though.

Wow this is an old thread ...

anyway I'll recap on my opinions since I don't even remember putting them up the first time

1. Zodiac

An incredibly deep mystery/thriller on the outside , but actually a complex drama about obsession and crime which shows life through a bleak lens.

Easily Fincher's most accomplished work. This is probably one of the deepest and hardest to film screenplays ever conceived , years and years of research went into this.

2. Fight Club

I just watched this the other day to see if it was as good as I remembered , yep it certainly is. Maybe not as deep and profound as Zodiac mentioned above , but it's a whole different view on the same subject (life , death). Nihilistic , anarchic , violent , dirty , energetic - great words to describe the Fight Club experience.

3. Se7en

Dark as it gets , the world inhabited by Edward Nortan and Brad Pitt probably seems like wonderland after you've suffered Se7en's atmosphere. This is the complete horror film , terrifying , evil , and real.

Oh yeah and it looks great.

4. Curious Case of Benjamin Button

The idea behind it might sound incredibly ambitious , but it's nothing compared to the three mentioned above. I really just did not enjoy most of the movie , I might give it another chance when it comes out on DVD - but it seems Holden may have caught me on this one.

I can't even really remember The Game , Panic Room , or Alien 3 - pretty weak movies from Fincher , I dont think they deserve to be compared with his others.

1. Fight Club
Fight Club delivers to all audiences, action, comedy, mystery, great performances, unique and styled. A thinking mans violent journey into modern preoccupation. Fun, dirty and youthful yet intelligent and elegant, my favourite film, not just Finchers best.

2. Se7en
Following closely behind Fight Club, just as intelligence but much more dark. Excellent performance by all but specifically Morgan Freeman. Typical Fincher wit and depth, the story handled by any other director it would have come off boring but with Fincher it was classic.

3.Panic Room
I haven't seen Button yet and Panic Room was much more interesting then Alien 3. I haven't seen it in a few years but I found it creative and original and was continually surprised.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It used to be Fight Club but since buying Zodiac on dvd that's become my firm favourite. I could watch that film over and over, it never gets boring despite the inconclusive ending. Great period detail, fascinating case, super performances (especially Downey Jnr) and a few scares too, modern classic.
I really enjoyed Zodiac, I've actually been wanting to watch it again. Heck, I might even go buy it. Of course, in real life, the Zodiac Killer has never been identified so the inconclusive ending fits perfectly. Fincher did a great job on it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

IMO there's such a chasm between the quality and enjoyment of Zodiac, Se7en and Fight Club and the rest of his body of work, that I'd only really rate those three. I liked Alien 3 (I know I'm in a very small minority there) but, even with all those Oscar nominations, I still couldn't give a monkey's about Benjamin Button. The rest aren't even worth a mention.

So, those three would go:

1. Se7en
2. Zodiac
3. Fight Club

I'll admit there are times when I think that Zodiac tops Se7en, but then I watch Se7en again and I think I was right before.

Se7en closely followed by Fight Club for me

Zodiac gets top billing for Fincher movies after finally watching it recently. Followed by Fight Club and Seven.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

01. SE7EN
02. Fight Club
03. Zodiac
04. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I enjoy the first three oh so much. I could watch all three over and over and never tire of them. In fact, I do.

New kid on the block... old hat in the biz
#1 = Fight Club (It's still influential, even today)
#2 = Benjamin Button (not his usual style, but very accomplished)

It's easily Fight Club, but Seven and Zodiac are brilliant as well.

However, as time goes on, I'm becoming less interested in him simply because his abilities seem to lie so heavily on the technical side. I'm not sure he has any real ideas going on; the social & philosophical elements of Fight Club are all from Palahniuk's novel, and once you get beyond that, Fincher's work starts to look pretty empty.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
I've not yet seen Zodiac so can't pass opinion on it but I'd say Fight Club is his best work, it was and still is one of my top 10 favourite movies/books. Se7en would come in a close second, that movie is directed and written brilliantly.

The Elected Movie Eliminator
Once Upon A Time, A Person.. Correct grammar.

I don't think his movies are too good. Fight Club probably, but that only gets a 7/10.

For me...

01. Zodiac
02. Se7en
03. Curious Case of Benjamin Button
04. Panic Room
05. Fight Club
06. The Game
07. Alien3

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I must get around to seeing Zodiac...

Obviously Fight Club, for me.

1. Zodiac

2. Se7en

3. The Social Network

4. Fight Club
+
5. The Game
+
6. Panic Room

7. Alien³
+

I've not yet seen The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Good to see so many people love Zodiac.

A system of cells interlinked
I'd like to see where some of you folks put The Social Network. Especially Honeykid...