16th Hall of Fame

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I've seen six, only one I didn't care for. Don't quite understand nominating foreign films while the other foreign film Hall of Fame is going. Looking at this field I think I should have gone with my second choice The Innocents, Seance on a Wet Afternoon, or The Collector would have gone very well with Wait Until Dark.
The Innocents has been on my watchlist for a long time.

I almost went animated BTW. But made a last minute decision not to.

Those look like a decent bunch of nominations. I've only seen 3 out of the 11 and will (as usual) be watching all 11.

For a second I thought someone had nominated The Innocents, which would have been the movie to beat. Too bad it wasn't nominated.

So are we suppose to guess who nominated what?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I guess I never stated who is all in:

Citizen Rules
Pahak
Miss Vicky
Edarsenal
Cricket
Rauldc
Siddon
MovieMad
Hashtagbrownies
Okay
Neiba

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
The Innocents has been on my watchlist for a long time.

I almost went animated BTW. But made a last minute decision not to.
so which animated were you considering?

I had considered Rango at point, myself.

Great bunch of films!! See 4 out of 11 of these.

Waterloo Bridge- 1931 Wow, been wanting to see the original after watching the one in the 40s HoF.

Wait Until Dark- 1967 Great film, seen it a number of times through my life. Will happily watch it again.

Mr. Freedom- 1969 NO IDEA what this could be, but I am intrigued.

They Shoot Horses Don't They- 1969 One I've always been interested in seeing and NOW I have the opportunity. And with cricket's link for youtube, I do believe I'll be seeing this one as the starter.

Poison for the Fairies- 1984 Another I haven't heard, but happy to try out

Naked- 1993 Took FOREVER to finally see this some time ago and get to do a rewatch.

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer- 2006 Visually incredible movie. Can't wait to see this again

3:10 to Yuma- 2007 LOVE this version!

Three Monkeys- 2008 Another unknown to be explored

Frances Ha- 2012 Heard of this one, never got around to seeing it, so. . .

Call Me By Your Name- 2017 Unknown to me but we will see

Here's my crappy attempt at guessing who nominated what. I won't guess for myself, I mean wouldn't that be cheating?

Citizen Rules....???

Pahak...Poison for the Fairies ( I know nothing about Pahak's movie taste, so he gets this movie as my guess)

Miss Vicky....3:10 to Yuma ( It has to be MVs!...a good film too, looking forward to a rewatch)

Edarsenal...They Shoot Horses Don't They (It seems like an Ed nom, I've wanted to see this for a long time too)

Cricket....Mr. Freedom (it looks like an obscure & crazy Cricket film)

Rauldc...Call Me By Your Name (Raul watches a lot of new movies, he must have seen this one and liked it)

Siddon...Naked ( I have no idea, actually just a wild guess)

MovieMad...Waterloo Bridge (another wild guess, I seen the remake with Vivian Leigh and that was good)

Hashtagbrownies...Wait Until Dark (he said he would nominate something fun, and this is a fun film)

Okay...Perfume: The Story of a Murderer ( he said I would hate his next nom, haven't seen this one, but it's got a catchy title)

Neiba....Frances Ha (seems like a cool nomination, just might be Neiba's)

Frances Ha is the spiritual sequel to Noah Baumbach's Kicking and Screaming. Greta Gerwig plays a woman nearing 30 with nothing established, she managed to lose her boyfriend and home in the matter of a short period of time.

The film is really about all of these little journey's Francis goes on, she returns home for Christmas, goes to Paris on a whim with a credit card. She eventually ends up working at her former school helping incoming freshmen.

I liked it, it was a good film Baumbach makes it feel like a first film but gives it a number of little touches that most small films don't have. The movie has a great sound track and a fairly large cast. A couple things I really enjoyed about the film is how her male friends keep bringing home girls that are much younger than Frances. Also while Frances has fairly boring life her friend Sophie's background story is much more compelling.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Don't quite understand nominating foreign films while the other foreign film Hall of Fame is going.
Don't quite understand why does that make any difference. Considering the movies made worldwide, we should have a even more balanced percentage of foreign films in all the HoFs. Americans tend to forget that their films are foreign to non-Americans.

Miss Vicky....3:10 to Yuma ( It has to be MVs!...a good film too, looking forward to a rewatch)
Absolutely NO IDEA why anybody would suspect that this is my nomination.

Rauldc...Call Me By Your Name (Raul watches a lot of new movies, he must have seen this one and liked it)
I have no idea what raul did nominate, but I'm 100% sure it wasn't this.

Citizen Rules - Waterloo Bridge
Miss Vicky - Perfume Story of Murder
Edarsenal - Naked
Cricket - They Shoot Horses Don't They
Rauldc - Frances Ha
Hashtagbrownies - Wait Until Dark
Okay - Three Monkeys
Neiba - Poison for the Fairies

Don't quite understand why does that make any difference. Considering the movies made worldwide, we should have a even more balanced percentage of foreign films in all the HoFs. Americans tend to forget that their films are foreign to non-Americans.
Well your not doing the Foreign Language Hall of Fame, I don't have an issue with foreign language films I nominated one in the last Hall of Fame (Aguire:Wrath of God)

movies can be okay...
Well your not doing the Foreign Language Hall of Fame, I don't have an issue with foreign language films I nominated one in the last Hall of Fame (Aguire:Wrath of God)
I don't get it, why does that matter? Were we expected to nominate anything but a foreign film?
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

I don't get it either.

After having done many General HOFs I would be shocked if there wasn't at least one foreign nomination. Actually I think the only HOF I've done that was 100% English language was the Best Picture HOF, which speaks more about the Oscar academy than it does about the participants.

Absolutely NO IDEA why anybody would suspect that this is my nomination. .
I would have guessed either Yuma, or, more likely, Naked for you, MV

and for @Siddon and @Citizen Rules, neither of those films were mine.