14th Hall of Fame

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

I will start taking nominations now until Sunday Night. On Monday, I will post all nominations. Let's make this a great one. Same rules as other Hall of Fames will apply. Please don't join unless you are sure you can finish. It really kills the mood when people drop out, so if you are unsure, I would rather have you not join.

PM your nomination to me if you are in.

Contratiempo
Rauldc14
Citizen Rules
Yam12
Edarsenal
CosmicRunaway
Cricket
Nestorio
Sarge
Joel
Miss vicky

Passengers
Yam12
CosmicRunaway
Nestorio
Joel
Edarsenal
Miss Vicky
Citizen Rules
Joel
Jiraffe
Rauldc14

The Hurricane
Miss Vicky
Citizen Rules
Joel
Nestorio
Rauldc14
Jeff Costello
Yam12
Edarsenal
Cosmic Runaway
Sarge

M
CosmicRunaway
Citizen Rules
Nestorio
Edarsenal
Cricket
Miss Vicky
Joel
Jeff Costello
Sarge
Rauldc14
Yam12
Jiraffe

Mommy
Joel
Nestorio
Cricket
Citizen Rules
Rauldc14
Miss Vicky
Edarsenal
CosmicRunaway

Black Snake Moan
Citizen Rules
Nestorio
Miss Vicky
Yam12
CosmicRunaway
Joel
Rauldc14
Sarge
Edarsenal
Jiraffe
Cricket

Night on Earth
Nestorio
Rauldc14
Edarsenal
Jeff Costello
Cricket
Joel
Yam12
Citizen Rules
Miss Vicky
CosmicRunaway
Sarge

Barton Fink
Miss Vicky
Joel
Citizen Rules
CosmicRunaway
Edarsenal
Jeff Costello
Yam12
Jiraffe
Nestorio
Cricket
Rauldc14

Empire of Passion
CosmicRunaway
Miss Vicky
Citizen Rules
Rauldc14
Jiraffe
Joel
Edarsenal
Sarge
Cricket

La Grand Illusion
Rauldc14
Edarsenal
Jeff Costello
Citizen Rules
CosmicRunaway
Jiraffe
Joel
Yam12
Miss Vicky
Sarge
Cricket

Lone Star
Nestorio
Edarsenal
Miss Vicky
Yam12
Citizen Rules
Jiraffe
Sarge
CosmicRunaway
Joel
Rauldc14
Cricket

Dom Za Vesanje
Rauldc14
Citizen Rules
Joel
Cricket
Miss Vicky
Edarsenal
CosmicRunaway
Sarge

M (1931, Lang)

La Grande Illusion (1937, Renoir)

Empire of Passion (1978, Oshima)

Dom Za Vesanje (1988, Kusturica)

Barton Fink (1991, Coen)

Night on Earth (1991, Jarmusch)

Lone Star (1996, Sayles)

The Hurricane (1999, Jewison)

Black Snake Moan (2006, Brewer)

Mommy (Dolan, 2014)

Contratiempo (2016, Paulo)

Passengers (2016, Tyldum)

I'm in

Is this just watching and reviewing what everyone else nominates?

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Going to sit this one out. Been joining HOF's constantly since the 10th which was about this time last year i think so i'd like to pick my own films for a while. Going to watch and post about the films i've been really wanting to see though so i'll still participate a bit.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
understand the break, @Camo, always enjoy your insight.

For me, I'm in with a blind grab that I only saw a trailer to and have a vague recollection of something I've truly needed to see, decades ago.

I'm interested in seeing what your nomination is, Ed. Hopefully you end up liking it.

This might be the first time that most of the participants have already seen my nomination (depending on who joins). I know a few of us have it marked off on our site lists already.

Here's the former nominees and winners that i don't think can be nominated again for anyone new that's joining, think @Joel was thinking about it:

1st Hall Of Fame:
Winner: Psycho (1960 Alfred Hitchcock)
Nominations: Duck Soup, The Producers, Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind, The Purple Rose Of Cairo, Robocop, Farewell My Concubine, American History X, The Big Lebowski, Eyes Wide Shut, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

2nd Hall Of Fame:
Winner: The Apartment (1960 Billy Wilder)
Nominations: Sherlock Jr., Blithe Spirit, On The Waterfront, Dr. Strangelove, Faces, Cabaret, Stalker, After Hours, Dark City, Memento, Gone Baby Gone

3rd Hall Of Fame:
Winner: 400 Blows (1959 Francois Truffaut)
Nominations: Some Like It Hot, The Swimmer, Nashville, Hausa, Sex Lies & Videotape, The Insider, Once Were Warriors, The Straight Story, The Wind Will Carry Us, The Hedgehog, Mary And Max, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Dr. Zhivago

4th Hall Of Fame:
Winner: Sansho The Baliff (1954 Kenji Mizoguchi) Autumn The Sonata (1978 Ingmar Bergman) Tie
Nominations: Trouble In Paradise, Singin' In The Rain, On The Waterfront, Bigger Than Life, Sweet Smell Of Success, Yojimbo, 8 1/2, Primal Fear, Ed Wood, Utena, Punch Drunk Love, Spring Summer Fall Winter And Spring, Cherry Blossoms, Synecdoche New York

5th Hall Of Fame:
Winner: A Separation (2011 Asghar Farhadi)
Nominations: The Wizard Of Oz, The Wages Of Fear, Ordet, Plein Soleil, Le Trou, Divorce Italian Style, Claire's Knee, A Woman Under The Influence, Unforgiven, Bullets Over Broadway, Boy's Don't Cry, Quills, Sideways, Wadjda

6th Hall Of Fame:
Winner: All Quiet On The Western Front (1930 Lewis Milestone)
Nominations: Foreign Correspondent, Late Spring, Fail Safe, Woman In The Dunes, Pierrot Le Fou, Das Boot, Raise The Red Lantern, This Boy's Life, A Perfect World, Sonatine, The Sweet Hereafter, Rushmore, Blue Car, Ten, Brokeback Mountain, Before The Devil Knows Your Dead, The Man From Earth, K-ON!

7th Hall Of Fame:
Winner: The Shawshank Redemption (1994 Frank Darabont)
Nominations: Freaks, You Can't Take It With You, Letter From An Unknown Woman, Bob Le Flambeur, The Hustler, Harakiri, The Blues Brothers, Before Sunrise, Festen, Being John Malkovich, Platform, The Poker House, Inglorious Basterds, Take Shelter, Killer Joe, Wolf Children, Tales Of Princess Kaguya

8th Hall Of Fame:
Winner: Paths Of Glory (1957 Stanley Kubrick)
Nominations: Anatomy of a Murder, A Man for All Seasons, Coming Home, The Gold Rush, GoodFellas, Head-On, Lady Killer, My Life as a Dog, Patlabor 2: The Movie, The Road Warrior, The Shop Around the Corner, Spirited Away

9th Hall Of Fame:
Winner: The Best Years Of Our Lives (1946 William Wyler)
Nominations: The Magnificent Ambersons, The Rules Of The Game, Brief Encounter, Leave Her To Heaven, Death Race, Mikey And Nickey, The Piano, Dead Man Walking, Adaptation, No Man's Land, The Lives Of Others, The Descendants, Beasts Of The Southern Wild. Time Lapse

10th Hall Of Fame:
Winner: The Empire Strikes Back (1980 Irvin Kirshner) East Of Eden (1955 Elia Kazan)
Nominations: The Lucky Ones, Cul-De-Sac, Amour, My Man Godfrey, Blade Runner, Lilya-4-Ever, Ugetsu, Dead Man's Shoes

11th Hall Of Fame:
Winner: Her (2013 Spike Jonze)
Nominations: Moonrise Kingdom, Samurai Rebellion, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Bringing Up Baby, The Flowers Of War, Ida, The Dead Girl, Goodbye Lenin, Bashu the Little Stranger, Ronin

12th Hall Of Fame:
Winner: Casablanca (1942, Michael Curtiz)
Nominations: Withnail & I, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Never Let Me Go, Romper Stomper, The City Of Lost Children, Barbara, Hiroshima Mon Amour, The Man From Nowhere, Y Tu Mama Tambien, U-Turn, Joe, Midnight Run

13th Hall of Fame:
Winner: Dances With Wolves (1990, Kevin Costner)
Nominations: Buffalo '66, Dead Poet's Society, Manchester By The Sea, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...And Spring, The Marriage of Maria Braun, The Three Musketeers, Captain Fantastic, The Hunt, The Great Dictator, The Broken Circle Breakdown, Nightmare Alley, Forbidden Games, The Quiet Earth, Wings of Desire, Flesh + Blood
Plus Sean just has to copy and paste the 13th part into his post now.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I'm kind of iffy with joining another one right now. I have actually done quite a lot in a short span of time. I don't know if I want to focus on the countdown instead.

I have until Sunday to make my decision. So we will see.

There is a movie that I have been wanting to nominate for the longest time, but I think I will wait until a Winter HoF to nominate it. I don't know why, but I always enjoy watching it more in Wintertime. So if I did join this one, I haven't the vaguest idea of what I would nominate yet.

Nominees can be nominated again technically. Just not winners. But I would prefer if recent nominees were not nominated
Really? Thought they weren't allowed, at least in the general .ones.

I'm interested in seeing what your nomination is, Ed. Hopefully you end up liking it.

This might be the first time that most of the participants have already seen my nomination (depending on who joins). I know a few of us have it marked off on our site lists already.
Thanks Cosmic, looking forward to what you have to offer as well.Some surprising noms so far.
And I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it. It's one of those must sees from way back that caught my eye 2 days ago while searching and it was one of those internal voices telling me "That's it" so. . .
Man i hate the time between the thread starting and the noms being announced unless you are host. And i'm not even taking part haha.
I know EXACTLY what you mean

Just noticed Spring, Summer was nominated in the 4th as well as the 13th.
wonder if the same discussions came out about it in the 4th. . . If I have time I'll try to check it out

wonder if the same discussions came out about it in the 4th. . . If I have time I'll try to check it out
Sane nominated it, couldn't see where it finished and can't be bothered going through the full thread. Plus the thread i was looking at was called 4th Hall of Fame Nominations so i'm not sure if there was a separate one.

Sane's noms always did well so my guess is it did better than in the 13th.

I'm kind of iffy with joining another one right now. I have actually done quite a lot in a short span of time. I don't know if I want to focus on the countdown instead.

I have until Sunday to make my decision. So we will see.

There is a movie that I have been wanting to nominate for the longest time, but I think I will wait until a Winter HoF to nominate it. I don't know why, but I always enjoy watching it more in Wintertime. So if I did join this one, I haven't the vaguest idea of what I would nominate yet.
Running a Decade Countdown IS a huge endeavor so that IS a serious consideration, so, by all means, take the time and think it over.

Sane nominated it, couldn't see where it finished and can't be bothered going through the full thread. Plus the thread i was looking at was called 4th Hall of Fame Nominations so i'm not sure if there was a separate one.

Sane's noms always did well so my guess is it did better than in the 13th.
Gotcha. We'll see if my curiosity out weighs my patience and determination to wander through it when I get the time to do so