Gorgeous gore?

Tools    

Any bloody (‘gory’, though I dislike the term) films that are legitimately beautiful come to mind, apart from Kill Bill? South Korean cinema welcome as I know they have a lot of that, but I’m open to anywhere. I’ve probably seen all the obvious contenders but seeking to expand my horizons.

Wracking my brains to think if I’ve ever seen a “gory” movie. I own Kill Bill, but didn’t realize it’s a gory movie.

The trick is not minding
Revenge (2017)

And maybe some other New French Extremity films.

Revenge has moments of gore.
And of course the directors predilection for close ups of the heroines tight butt and body. While covered in blood.
It’s a rape revenge thriller.
Less focus on the rape, more on gore.

Pretty sure it’s right up your alley.

When I read 'gorgeous gore', Possession was the first thing that came to mind.
Wouldn't categorize Kill Bill as gore either, but if your looking for bloody combat with stylish choreo scenes, check out; Zatoichi, the Raid 2 and Lady Snowblood.

Revenge (2017)

And maybe some other New French Extremity films.

Revenge has moments of gore.
And of course the directors predilection for close ups of the heroines tight butt and body. While covered in blood.
It’s a rape revenge thriller.
Less focus on the rape, more on gore.

Pretty sure it’s right up your alley.
Thank you! Yes, I’ve seen all of that, and yes, something like Revenge would be good. I liked French Extremity at the time but looking for something sleeker/higher quality, French Extremity tended to disintegrate into pure gore, which was a shame.

When I read 'gorgeous gore', Possession was the first thing that came to mind.
Wouldn't categorize Kill Bill as gore either, but if your looking for bloody combat with stylish choreo scenes, check out; Zatoichi, the Raid 2 and Lady Snowblood.
Possession is perfect. Exactly what I’m looking for. I’ll check out the ones you mentioned. I wrote a relatively short post without going into detail, of course Kill Bill on the whole isn’t, but the eye bit in Vol. II and the restaurant massacre verge on it, I would say.

Posessor
Posession
The Other Lamb
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Carrie
The Untamed
Thirst
I Saw the Devil
Inside
Raw
Suspiria? and loads of other Giallo films
I find Giallo really mild in that sense for some reason. The one I liked more than Suspiria was The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, but generally I’d say it’s more ‘gorgeous’ than ‘gore’.

The only ones on your list I haven’t seen are Possessor and The Untamed, have been meaning to but somehow didn’t get around to it, thanks for putting them back on my radar.

The trick is not minding
Thank you! Yes, I’ve seen all of that, yes, do thing like Revenge would he good. I liked French Extremity at the time but looking for something sleeker/higher quality, French Extremity tended to disintegrate into pure gore, which was a shame.
No problem. Glad I could help. I actually liked it for what it was. There were a few moments that made me slightly squeamish. Blood bothers me. But on the whole, it wasn’t terrible.

Un Chien Andalou
The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes
Lady Snowblood
Guinea Pig: Mermaid in the Manhole

There's definitely a lot more but that's what comes to mind immediately.

It's not a film, but the now-ended NBC show Hannibal is the single-best example of this I can think of, and to be honest, whatever I'd put in second would probably be a long ways behind it.

WARNING: "Hannibal" spoilers below

(Not really a big spoiler, just one of the victim tableaus.)

It's on Netflix.

Dredd (2012)

There's a moment in Julie Taymor's Titus that is horrifying but also....lovely? I can't say I was a giant fan of the film, but that one scene has haunted me forever.

this clip may or may not be safe for work

The films of Lucio Fulci come to mind.

The Beyond
Zombie
The New York Ripper