Anyone know what I'm talking about??

Tools    

I was wondering if someone could help me with a movie title. It's been at least 10 years since I last saw it and memories are really vague. But it was one of the strangest movies I'd ever seen. I'm pretty sure it was an 80's movie and the main character is a teenage boy with an alcoholic, abusive father who ends up killing the boys dog. The boy ends up finding (or possibly making) some kind of futuristic laser gun and kills his father and I think some other people. I don't remember much else from the movie, other than I think he has a stand-off from the police in a diner or some kind of public place and holds some people hostage. I know it's a stretch, but does anyone know the movie that I'm talking about??

Hey, A-hole: stop making the same post over and over again. If anybody knew what the movie was you were asking about they would have chimed in by now. Re-posting it once a week ain't gonna help.

Geesh.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Man of La Movies
temper temper...

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart

My Reputation: Holy Crap, I'm Well thought of!!!?? I think we're going a little far here??

No one knows what your talkin bout willis.

Maybe it was a dream you had.

Man of La Movies
Originally Posted by Tea Barking
No one knows what your talkin bout willis.

I wasn't trying to post the same thread over and over, but the last post was someone else's thread. I thought if I started my own, it might help.

Movie Forums Member
Unfourtunately I think that you are mixing a bunch of stories from movies together in your head. This may be why the movie your thinking of is so "weird." I'm gonna have to go with this is a dream or a short from the 80s that was way under the radar...

Taking care of planet Earth
I think you've already worked out what the film was but you are reposting it because you like to annoy Holden

Man of La Movies
Originally Posted by Clark Nova
I think you've already worked out what the film was but you are reposting it because you like to annoy Holden
Yeah...just to give Holden a complex...

the best idea i can think of is trying to find out what actors/actresses were in the movie, whether a minor role or not... if you can just remember faces, try to remember other movies they were in and do a search for it (on IMDB or something) so you can (A) get their name and (B) look through all the movies theyve been in... just going to have to do some searching... that or provide a better description.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Or you can go to your local video store and look at their 80s movie collection. If you're lucky, they might have a copy of the vid you're lookin for.

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright

That has to be one of the longest movie searches I've ever seen... it took over 2 years to find it!

But hell, kudos to Loner for pulling that one out of some deep dark place... you might want to email the original poster though... I somehow doubt he's still checking this thread for an answer