Dawn of the Dead

Tools    

The 1978 classic, dawn of the dead, cannot be matched and will not be matched. This movie is my favorite all of time, it adds a sense of panic and you really get into the story. Most of the actors, if not all of them, were unknown and that was just a bonus. Night of the living dead was the first installment and surprisingly enough the 'follow-on', i will not refer to it as a sequel, was actually better. Day of the dead was a good zombie flick also but it doesn't match dawn of the dead or night of the living dead in my opinion.
This so called remake is a disaster for any hardcore dawn fan and i wish they would listen to the people. I was on a site yesterday and over 1400 signed a petition to stop this madness, i garantee this film will not do good in the box office and ritely so. I will watch this shambles to prove my statement, Tom savini who was involved with all three films is in this remake and plays sherif...haha

Don't tell Robin I'm here!!
Personally I think the movie looks kick-ass, and I can't wait to see it. Didn't anybody here see "28 Days Later"?? That movie rocked, so I can't imagine this one would be so bad. Besides, considering all of the advances in special effects and technology since those original versions were made, am I the only one here that's excited about all of the new sh#t they can do with movies like this??? It almost seems that way. Maybe I'm the only sane one left.......

Originally Posted by gothamboy
... am I the only one here that's excited about all of the new sh#t they can do with movies like this??? It almost seems that way. Maybe I'm the only sane one left.......
No, no, no. Why do you think I started this thread??? I am dying to see this! From what I've seen, it kicks major a**. I myself just DO NOT pay attention to all those people who put a film down "before" it's released (ex. this film). I take a film for how I feel about it.

Don't tell Robin I'm here!!
Originally Posted by jrs
No, no, no. Why do you think I started this thread??? I am dying to see this! From what I've seen, it kicks major a**. I myself just DO NOT pay attention to all those people who put a film down "before" it's released (ex. this film). I take a film for how I feel about it.
That's what I'm talkin' about, my man!! I'm 25 years old, and I'm a straight white man who loves football, girls, partying, the Yankees, apple pie, and all other things American. I don't go for "The Hours", and "Cold Mountain", and "Chicago", and all that other crap. These are the movies that I wait for! I go for "Lost in Translation", "School of Rock", "American Psycho", "Starsky and Hutch", "Point Break", "Freddy vs Jason", and sh#t like that!! I wanna' be entertained, not bored to freakin' death. If I wanted to be bored to death I'd skip the movies and just go back to school. Sarah Polley = good actress. Ving Rames = good actor. Mekhi Pfeiffer (sp?) = good actor. Zombie movies = rock 'n' roll! Yea, I'm there.

Originally Posted by gothamboy
Personally I think the movie looks kick-ass, and I can't wait to see it. Didn't anybody here see "28 Days Later"?? That movie rocked, so I can't imagine this one would be so bad. Besides, considering all of the advances in special effects and technology since those original versions were made, am I the only one here that's excited about all of the new sh#t they can do with movies like this??? It almost seems that way. Maybe I'm the only sane one left.......

there were big enhancements in special effects but i think the reason horror movies 2day arent nearly as good as they were in the 70s and 80s is because special effects. now there is just too much head chopin off and rippin out the heart kinda crap and dont get me wrong thats fun to watch but its not scary. if u want to have a real scary movie now i think they have to work off of suspense and things like that not gore.

Never conform, never compromise....
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
there were big enhancements in special effects but i think the reason horror movies 2day arent nearly as good as they were in the 70s and 80s is because special effects. now there is just too much head chopin off and rippin out the heart kinda crap and dont get me wrong thats fun to watch but its not scary. if u want to have a real scary movie now i think they have to work off of suspense and things like that not gore.
I have to agree with you in some part. "28 Days Later" imo, was the best horrow movie to come out in years, partially because it was so "real". The prob with special effects like you stated(head chopping, hearts being ripped out) is that they are usually so over-the-top, that they look cool, but you sit there watching it, and instead of being scared your thinking "wow, that was sweet....but..s*#t like that can't happen". So in my opinion, the lack of "believability" in the gore, takes away from its ability to scare us. I also agree with you, whole hearttidly, that it is the suspense in movies, that really scares us.

With all that said, I look forward to this movie, but I personnally(sp?) o not think it will be as goo as "28 Days Later". I am also eagerly awaiting the (hopefully soon to be released here) aussie movie "Undead".

Heres to zombie moives

mmmmmm.....brains......mmmm......
- Corey Taylor (2002)

I just got my advanced screening ticket for it yesterday as well as a ticket for Osama, which I'm really pumped to see.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I'm pumped to see Dawn of the Dead but then again I felt the same way about House of 1000 corpses I needn't say much else about that. The trailor looks kick ass but I'm almost afraid to see it. I'm so freakin tired of being disappointed and I highly doubt it can meet the standards set by the original.

Pirates of The Carribean

Good zombie movie. No Dawn of the Dead. I'll leave it at that.