"Guess the movie from the Screenshot" game

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Open Floor,

I swear every photo I try to upload says it's an invalid file. Where do you guys find your photos at? I'm guessing it's not Google.
I get mine directly from the movie itself. When I find an interesting scene, I take a screenshot of it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Is that Kelly McGillis and Albert Finney?

I don't know what movie it's from, but I think it's Michael Caine and Sally Field.

Open Floor,

I swear every photo I try to upload says it's an invalid file. Where do you guys find your photos at? I'm guessing it's not Google.

I usually use Google Images search, then I open the image in a new tab and download it from the new tab. Then I upload it to MoFo using the "Manage Attachments" link under "Additional Options" below the Reply box.

I use to do that too, but I want to limit what I download to my computer these days, for malware safety reasons. Though I never had a problem before and with my new OS it's pretty darn safe, so I'm not really worried.

The problem seems to be URL's that are design to break hot linking. It's getting to be harder to find photos for hot linking.

Many sites don't allow hotlinking, but you can usually download without any problems. (Your anti-virus should let you know if the file is bad, and you avoid the image site's advertising by opening it in a new tab instead of going to the actual site.)

I use the same generic filenames over and over again for these games, so when I download a new file, it automatically overwrites the previous one, so my hard drive doesn't fill up with these images.

I usually use Google Images search, then I open the image in a new tab and download it from the new tab. Then I upload it to MoFo using the "Manage Attachments" link under "Additional Options" below the Reply box.

Many sites don't allow hotlinking, but you can usually download without any problems. (Your anti-virus should let you know if the file is bad, and you avoid the image site's advertising by opening it in a new tab instead of going to the actual site.)

I use the same generic filenames over and over again for these games, so when I download a new file, it automatically overwrites the previous one, so my hard drive doesn't fill up with these images.
That's what I had to do in the past too, as when I hot linked the link would end up getting broken in a matter of hours. I just installed a new SSD and a OS so I was trying not to download stuff anymore...but it seems impossible to do without downloading.

That's what I had to do in the past too, as when I hot linked the link would end up getting broken in a matter of hours. I just installed a new SSD and a OS so I was trying not to download stuff anymore...but it seems impossible to do without downloading.

Unfortunately there are more and more sites that don't allow hotlinking every day, so I just got into the habit of just downloading the image and uploading it here.

You can't really blame them. They don't want people using their bandwidth for other sites.

Unfortunately there are more and more sites that don't allow hotlinking every day, so I just got into the habit of just downloading the image and uploading it here.

You can't really blame them. They don't want people using their bandwidth for other sites.
Yeah, I agree.

Re: hotlinking. Yeah, not ideal. The game is transient enough that it's not a huge thing, but attachments work better.

If you kinda want it both ways, www.imgur.com is very reliable and if it goes down I don't think it'll be anytime soon, so you can upload there and embed. Takes up less space in the DB anyway (about two-thirds of our nightly database backups are just the attachments table!).

No clue