Good Movies I Don't Want to See Again

Tools    

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Passion is obviously better when trying to watch something to remind yourself of the sacrafice God and Jesus made.
Only if you believe in God etc

And this is my BOOMstick!
I finally understand why some people are Buddhists, I mean just look at this guy!

I wouldn't see Life is Beautiful (1997) again, despite it being one of my all time favourite movies. The first time i saw it I was really caught up in the movie and it moved me like no other movie had before.

In retrospect I've got a perfect vision of what the movie meant to me at the time and to watch it again I'm almost scared my second viewing will somehow taint my first impression of it. It seems silly though, being so sentimental, because it's such a wonderful film.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
Schindler's List

I don't like to rewatch super-sad movies. THey might be wonderful, but meh. Once is enough.
Same here. In fact, there are super sad movies I've heard just enough about that I can't even bring myself to watch yet...like Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan. I keep telling myself I need to see those one day.

I don't want to see again...

The Pianist (2002)
Sophie's Choice (1982) ~The 'choice' was just too heartwrenching for me to watch.
The Cooler (2003) It was well done and acted, just not my taste.

Old Yeller...seriously.....

Mystic River
Schindler's List
Leaving Las Vegas
Henry: Portait of a Serial Killer
The Killing Fields

A system of cells interlinked
Any film with a terminally ill person as the focus of the film. Can't do it

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Hero~ it was a great movie and I'm glad I saw it, just never again. (psst...too slow)
Requiem for a Dream
Boys Don't Cry
Sophie's Choice
Natural Born Killers
American History X
Boys in the Hood
Fight Club
Raging Bull
The Joy Luck Club

motivationally deficient
Originally Posted by uconjack
Mystic River
American Me
Sleepers
Mystic river was good, i dont particularly want to see it again.

maybe... Tarkovsky's Solaris.

motivationally deficient
Originally Posted by Sedai
Any film with a terminally ill person as the focus of the film. Can't do it
i agree watching people suffer for two hours isnt my cup of tea.

Shawshank Redemption, too depressing

Very interesting topic. The idea of a movie so good that I don't want to see again I find peculiar.

The only movie I can come up with right now that would fit under these circumstances would be "Final Countdown". I'm a sucker for military movies, especially aircraft carrier ones, and while this one was good to me, I don't think I'd like to see it again. Probably for fear of not liking it. I tend to focus on a movie's weak points the times I see them again.

So many good movies, so little time.
Just saw Vera Drake. Very good movie. Excellent performance by Imelda Staunton. I don't want to see it again.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

The piansist made me cry. its true tho there are sad movies out there that you can only watch once, when you watch them a second time they lose a lot of their impact! scary movies also lose their impast during a second viewing. one movie that springs to mind is the japanese version of the ring it was scary the first time but the second time it was like *yawn*.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Spanglish

Good boy/terrible girl
The Way of the Gun Good movie, I loved it, but too much Del Torro goes a loooong way.

He's got creepy eyes.

The End Has Come
Sleepers (1996)

I am having a nervous breakdance
The first time I saw The Matrix I thought it was cinematic entertainment at its best. But for every time I watch it it becomes more and more uninteresting. It is a milestone because of the innovative action FX and coreography. But one or two times is enough. The sequel was a sleeping pill to me and the third one I yet haven't bothered to watch.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.