Best Science Fiction Movie - All Time

Tools    

I saw a movie about 8 years ago maybe more and it is a sci-fi film and the only bit I can remeber where they go out of the space ship to fix an antena or somthing and their spacesuite gets cought on this antena and rips then her face explods and blood goes over her visor.

anyone have any Ideas

Wheely cool bike girl
Originally Posted by kickme21
I saw a movie about 8 years ago maybe more and it is a sci-fi film and the only bit I can remeber where they go out of the space ship to fix an antena or somthing and their spacesuite gets cought on this antena and rips then her face explods and blood goes over her visor.

anyone have any Ideas
I can't verify my guess but it might be Outlander, a forgetable film with Sean Connery. I saw it many years ago and only once. The description just seemed to trigger a memory of that.

Originally Posted by coolbreeze
I can't verify my guess but it might be Outlander, a forgetable film with Sean Connery. I saw it many years ago and only once. The description just seemed to trigger a memory of that.
Outland (1981 - Peter Hyams) is basically a reworking of High Noon with the Marshal who has to stand alone being on a space station of an interplanetary mining operation of Jupiter's moon Io. I wouldn't call it totally forgettable, but it's no lost classic or anything either. I like Connery, Frances Sterhagen, James B. Sikking and Peter Boyle in it a lot.

Outland does indeed have two instances where somebody's face explodes due to the pressure of space - once in the opening minutes of the film in an elevator, and again during the finale when Connery is fending off the assassins, and that guy does explode inside his helmet, the gooey blood and brains covering the inside of the visor. Neither comes in quite the circumstances mentioned, however if you're conflating memories, it could well be Outland.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Clockwork Orange

If that is Science Fiction

"Walk down the right back ally in Sin City, and you'll find anything" Marv

Hmmm...
All star wars
E.T.
Planet of the apes
sighns
star trek

Signs is not Science Fiction

It's horror at it's worst

Shut your mouth!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan

Shut your mouth!
Yay! Oh thanks Slay...

My hero

That dude be trippin', yo!

Plus, I keep thinking Sedai's gone off the deep end.

Can we try with real bullets now?
Originally Posted by ImUrBadHabbit
sighns

Originally Posted by Sabbath666

Aww hell no!

I think I might be having too much fun with the smilies...................oh well

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Outland (1981 - Peter Hyams) is basically a reworking of High Noon with the Marshal who has to stand alone being on a space station of an interplanetary mining operation of Jupiter's moon Io. I wouldn't call it totally forgettable, but it's no lost classic or anything either. I like Connery, Frances Sterhagen, James B. Sikking and Peter Boyle in it a lot.

Outland does indeed have two instances where somebody's face explodes due to the pressure of space - once in the opening minutes of the film in an elevator, and again during the finale when Connery is fending off the assassins, and that guy does explode inside his helmet, the gooey blood and brains covering the inside of the visor. Neither comes in quite the circumstances mentioned, however if you're conflating memories, it could well be Outland.

Ooh, that's a good one. Forgot all about that one. I'll have to include Outland near the top in my list.

A system of cells interlinked
Clockwork Orange

If that is Science Fiction
Could you not use my avatar please?

Thanks...

Too many to list But......

Alien Series
Videodrome
Scanners
The Fly
Star wars Series
Predator Series
The Abyss

"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence." Alex (A Clockwork Orange)

It is indeed science fiction. It is also a film about faith, family, and loss. I also happen to think it is pretty damn good. It has some suspense elements, but it is clearly not a horror flick in any way.

Plus, I keep thinking Sedai's gone off the deep end.
Now what did I do?

Originally Posted by Sedai
Now what did I do?
You kicked my puppy right in the chops.

Have I been picking on you, bro? Sometimes we hurt the ones we love. *sniff*

You kicked my puppy right in the chops.

Have I been picking on you, bro? Sometimes we hurt the ones we love. *sniff*
I went through the thread to see how I went off the deep end, but just found my rock solid, exquisite taste in Sci-fi.....

It's good to see Solaris getting love. I really like that film, and like Ezikiel said, the score is crazy good. The original is in my Netflix Queue, I should get it in a week or so. Eraserhead comes before that, though. It is considered sci-fi, no?

thank that sound like the film I will try and get it and check it out

definetly `Back to the Future`