Kong vs godzilla before skull island

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'd say King of Monsters is the only thing you could potentially need to watch...even then it's pretty loose.

Suspect's Reviews

They're basically all separate. Skull Island sets up that Kong lives on an island, but that doesn't really matter, and the movie takes place decades priot to the sequels. The 2014 movie has one or two references in GvK, but doesn't set up anything besides the existence of Godzilla. KoTM sets up Monarch, but that's almost entirely absent from GvK as well, weirdly enough.

I don’t think not seeing it will ruin the experience but I’d watch Skull Island and King of Monsters first. Both set up many characters, institutions, and plot points that are built on and paid off in GvK.

It's a movie about a giant lizard fighting a giant ape. You can watch it before achieving sobriety or consciousness.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
They're basically all separate. Skull Island sets up that Kong lives on an island, but that doesn't really matter, and the movie takes place decades priot to the sequels. The 2014 movie has one or two references in GvK, but doesn't set up anything besides the existence of Godzilla. KoTM sets up Monarch, but that's almost entirely absent from GvK as well, weirdly enough.
KOTM does a few more set ups.