what is the longest movie you have ever had to sit through?

Tools    

was it a good or bad experience? Mine would have to be The Last Emperor. I enjoyed it, but there's no way that cricket could have lived that long is there?
Feeling that I have to sit through a movie is rare, recently I saw The Monuments Men and it seemingly went on forever because there's not a dime's worth of excitement or danger in it but I felt like I had to sit through it because I work at a theater and I wanted to know the whole film in case I'm asked about it while working.

You can't fight in here.This is the War room!
Persona.it is not a long movie(1h25min)but it felt like 4 hours.it is a good movie but it was extremely boring.on the other side,the longest movie i have seen it was Once Upon a Time in America(3h49min)

The longest movie I ever saw in one sitting (maybe outside of a 1 min pee break, I can't remember), was Once Upon a Time in America with its 4 hours and 11 minutes worth of film. I loved it though, so it was a great experience.

Another one has to be the director's cut of Lars von Trier's Nymphomaniac, which I saw at a press screening. Despite the two volumes, it is seen and intended as a complete film. There was a 20 minute break between the two volumes, but apart from that I sat through it all in its 5 hour and 30 minute glory!

Get Him to the Greek...the movie was an hour 49 minutes, but it felt like four hours. On a more serous note, I think my real answer to this question would be Saving Private Ryan...God, I didn't think that movie was ever going to end.

Persona.it is not a long movie(1h25min)but it felt like 4 hours.it is a good movie but it was extremely boring.on the other side,the longest movie i have seen it was Once Upon a Time in America(3h49min)
I'd rather be dead than rewatch Persona

It's the same with half of Antonioni's films, I can't watch people sit around peeling potatoes in the peasant houses.
Don't watch The Turin Horse then, you'll hate it. It's all about potatoes.

Persona.it is not a long movie(1h25min)but it felt like 4 hours.
That's exactly how I felt about Dr. Strangelove - and it was torturous. I didn't find Persona boring at all.

The longest movie I've seen was probably Gone With the Wind but I watched half of it one night and the other half the next. Schindler's List is probably the longest movie I've sat all the way through. Both are very good films.

was it a good or bad experience? Mine would have to be The Last Emperor. I enjoyed it, but there's no way that cricket could have lived that long is there?
Feeling that I have to sit through a movie is rare, recently I saw The Monuments Men and it seemingly went on forever because there's not a dime's worth of excitement or danger in it but I felt like I had to sit through it because I work at a theater and I wanted to know the whole film in case I'm asked about it while working.
Probably The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, which I liked more than the other two films as there was more variety on show. I can't remember actually sitting down and watching one of the old epics, such as Ben Hur, all the way through.

Care for some gopher?
Dancing With Wolves. The Director's Cut is just a few minutes short of four hours.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Melancholia (2008) - 450 minutes
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Dancing With Wolves. The Director's Cut is just a few minutes short of four hours.
Just checked the back of the Collector's Edition DVD, 236 min. I actually enjoyed the additional 50 min. and the movie didn't feel that long to me. I didn't even realize it was almost 4 hours. I got the Extended Version after seeing it air on TV and realizing that I never saw certain parts, a lot of parts. Excellent movie.