MoviePass

Tools    

http://www.slashfilm.com/moviepass-b...ovie-theaters/

So if this comes to your area, would you dish out the 50 bucks a month to see unlimited free movies in theaters?

Nope. If you figure about $10 per ticket, you'd have to go every 5-6 days. And I see almost every film with my wife, so we'd have to buy two.

Good idea for some, hope it works out. But that's still too high, particularly for people whose schedules allow them to attend matinees.

Nope. If you figure about $10 per ticket, you'd have to go every 5-6 days. And I see almost every film with my wife, so we'd have to buy two.

Good idea for some, hope it works out. But that's still too high, particularly for people whose schedules allow them to attend matinees.
At first I was jumping on the idea, but after thinking about it, I used to work at a movie theater and get free movies and I don't know if I'd want to do that again. I spent way too much time at the theater that I wish I didn't, now that I look back on it.

Still, maybe if it's in my area next summer I'll invest in it. There is a lot of good movies coming out next summer, and I'm guessing it would be useful on midnight showings as well.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
In reality there aren't enough movies in the theater that are worthy of going 5 times a month either. I've only been to the theater probably twice in the past year, only because there really isn't anything that completely grabs my attention that I couldn't wait for it to come out on DVD.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Too bad they don't make it so that multiple people can use it. I suppose then that they might have to limit the Max visits per pass (to maybe something around 6-8), but it still sounds like a deal to attract more viewers and thus make more bucks off that greasy corn.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
even when i'm really in the mood to go to the theater, i have a hard time finding things i want to see on a regular basis. there's just too much sh*t.

That sounds like a great deal for some folks, but I rarely go out to the movies anymore...the whole process is too expensive, and I'd have to literally go out every night. A cool idea, but I'll stick with Netflix instant.

I might give it a try. The thing is though, MoviePass would take away that good ole' cinematic experience. A movie isn't just a film, it's something you have to experience, especially in theaters. Sitting down and gulping down a large Coke, popcorn, and candy is an American-pastime to film. It's what some of the first filmmakers wanted: a place where the public could sit down and really get into a good movie like you couldn't at your home.

I might give it a try. The thing is though, MoviePass would take away that good ole' cinematic experience. A movie isn't just a film, it's something you have to experience, especially in theaters. Sitting down and gulping down a large Coke, popcorn, and candy is an American-pastime to film. It's what some of the first filmmakers wanted: a place where the public could sit down and really get into a good movie like you couldn't at your home.
You still go watch movies at theaters with MoviePass.