Install an Ad Blocker!!!

Tools    

Gee, thanks man. It's not like I count on those ads for, like, money and stuff, even though it doesn't begin to cover the amount of time I put into the place.

Gee, thanks man. It's not like I count on those ads for, like, money and stuff, even though it doesn't begin to cover the amount of time I put into the place.
Really dude?

The ads are still present (just made invisible) though so you still get paid rite?

Or does google requests stats about your users web plugins?

If this is the case I'm happy to stomach ads for the sake of this sites revenue, I love this forum and don't want to dog you out of well earned and deserved cash.

A system of cells interlinked
I run Ad Block, but I disable it for MoFo and ARS Technica (cause they asked me to).

I think he gets paid for each ad viewing by a user, and Ad Block doesn't count as viewed. That's was ARS told me, anyway.

Also - MoFo has very little ads in comparison to most sites.

I run Ad Block, but I disable it for MoFo and ARS Technica (cause they asked me to).

I think he gets paid for each ad viewing by a user, and Ad Block doesn't count as viewed. That's was ARS told me, anyway.
woooow, so I assume this does affect takings then. I would have never imagined.

You can delete this thread if you wish Yoda.

Well, I don't get paid by CPM, so it actually wouldn't matter if they were still present on the page. I can't say if Google would know the difference if they happened to serve CPM-based ads (which they don't), but I'd have to think so. If they can't tell the difference, then it's surely bound to drive down prices for others in the long run.

Anyway, I realize a lot of people use them, and I can sympathize, but obviously I'm coming at it from the other side of things, so my perspective's a little different.

I think it'd be a little much to delete the thread. It doesn't violate any rules. Carry on and all that.

You ready? You look ready.
I'll be honest, I run Ad Block. However, I'd much rather just actually give up some cash for what it takes to run this place...so long as you have no prior embezzlement history, Chris.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Oh, that's fine. I guess my little Yoda babies will just starve, and my new wife will have to get a 4th job, and I'll have to sell everything other than my computer, and I'll have to become a pimp, and I don't have money for a proper fedora so all the other pimps will laugh and me and refuse to let me play in any of their pimp games, and I'll get hurt, so at least my fractured femur will make it look like I can pimp-walk.

And the other thing is, my sister had a baby and I took it over after she passed away and the baby lost all its legs and arms and now its just a stump but I take care of it with my wife, and it's growing and it's fairly happy, and it's difficult because I'm working a second shift at the factory to put food on the table, but all the love that I see in that little guy's face it makes it worth it in the end. True story.

This thread reminds me of something I used to do (or try to do) on a daily basis while on the forum. Sorry, Yoda. Slipped my mind.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Oh, that's fine. I guess my little Yoda babies will just starve, and my new wife will have to get a 4th job, and I'll have to sell everything other than my computer, and I'll have to become a pimp, and I don't have money for a proper fedora so all the other pimps will laugh and me and refuse to let me play in any of their pimp games, and I'll get hurt, so at least my fractured femur will make it look like I can pimp-walk.

And the other thing is, my sister had a baby and I took it over after she passed away and the baby lost all its legs and arms and now its just a stump but I take care of it with my wife, and it's growing and it's fairly happy, and it's difficult because I'm working a second shift at the factory to put food on the table, but all the love that I see in that little guy's face it makes it worth it in the end. True story.
Shark Tale lol

You ready? You look ready.

Oh good Lord, you guilt tripper you! Alright, it's off. Can you sleep at night now?!

Semper Fooey
I don't have ad block. I can see those ads. I ignore them and never buy anything from them, but they aren't blocked.

Semper Fooey
The only ads I hate, are the ads that start talking to you, or the ads that drop down half the damn page, and block what you're trying to look at.
I hate, "You won this!" There was a time when the ad stopped showing up but the voice, "You won this!" kept following me around from site to site with nothing to click on telling me what I found. I guess what I won was a disembodied voice telling me I won it.

I have popup blocker, but I didn't have to install it. It came with something.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.