MoFo Battle Royale Directors Edition Nominations

Tools    

His last three films: Eastern Promises, A History of Violence and Spider were all top notch in my book.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Welcome to the human race...
I've seen six of his films so far. Three I liked, three I didn't.

Fair enough. As for the other two, apart from a handful of interesting things in each, as a whole neither one really worked for me.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I do, but I figure you'll mend the error of your ways, and if you don't, so what? The Fly's much better than those two new Aragon flicks.

Quite possibly, if only for the special effects (which weren't quite as disturbing as I was hoping they would be) - the rest of the film's kind of crap to be honest. Full review's in my review thread somewhere in the last couple of pages.

Shows how much Mark cares - not only is it spelled Aragorn, but he could at least give Viggo Mortensen the credit he deserves instead of just referring to him as "Aragorn".

And The Return of the King is in Mark's top ten too.

It would be wise of others wanting to view this thread to avoid page three if possible.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I just spent 20 minutes typing and some weird review window destroyed it all. Crap! I'll try again.

Billy Wilder - Sunset Blvd., The Front Page, One, Two, Three, Double Indemnity, The Seven Year Itch, Fedora, Sabrina (1954), A Foreign Affair, The Fortune Cookie, Ace in the Hole, Some Like It Hot, The Lost Weekend, Buddy Buddy, The Apartment, The Major and the Minor, Irma La Douce, Stalag 17, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, The Emperor Waltz, Witness For the Prosecution, Kiss Me Stupid, Five Graves to Cairo, Love in the Afternoon, Avanti!, The Spirit of St. Louis

John Huston - The Maltese Falcon, Wise Blood, The Red Badge of Courage, Let There Be Light, The Night of the Iguana, Beat the Devil, The Man Who Would Be King, Key Largo, Victory, Moby Dick, The Dead, San Pietro, The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean, The Asphalt Jungle, Annie, In This Our Life, The African Queen, The List of Adrian Messenger, Prizzi's Honor, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Misfits, Moulin Rouge (1952), Freud, Across the Pacific, Under the Volcano, Heaven Knows. Mr. Allison, The Bible... In the Beginning

Those are definitely my top two, but I'll be unhappy if we don't include Charlie Chaplin, Michael Powell, William Wyler, François Truffaut, John Ford, Howard Hawks, and several others...

You say Aragorn, I say Aragon
You say Tomato, I say Tomatah (right!)
Basically what I say is Horse Pucky!

but I'll be unhappy if we don't include Charlie Chaplin, Michael Powell, William Wyler, François Truffaut, John Ford, Howard Hawks, and several others...
Doubtful any of these directors will get nominated. Was temtped myself to go with Truffaut for my French entry but I've been watching Melville's films lately.

I was waiting for you to make you nominations as I was certain you'd pick a couple of legends, and you did.

26 directors picked, 6 more to go.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I didn't see this thread until it was almost too late, but it's not so my nominees are:

Pedro Almódovar

&

François Truffaut

I think he certainly deserves to be in here.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I'm taking a third choice .

Kevin Smith.