Who Is Your Favorite DC Character?

Tools    

Ya, but also concerning Watchmen, it is a graphic novel, so the images are already there for you.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Theres no looking past batman

It would have to be Batman.

Movie Forums Extra
My vote also goes for Batman.

A system of cells interlinked
Batman, for sure. Probably my favorite comic character of all time.

batman for me too

I like old-time Superman, and Batman.
30s and 40s era comic books.
I think those were the years.
The art work was cool.
And so were the stories.

As much as i love Batman... and I do, don't get me wrong, i believe (and i think most comic book fans will agree) he is completely overrated. Everyone loves and knows him because of his mainstream success. Along with that, a vast majority of the time, HE NEVER LOSES! I can pretty much count on my hands how many times he has been defeated. Batman has no "powers" he is just a 'regular' man, and yet i've read comics where he fights alongside the likes of Superman and other extremely powerful beings, and and superman gets taken out early on leaving batman to save the day! Besides Batman's recent obvious defeats
WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
Where he had to break his rule about killing in order to finally defeat Darkseid, and his death at the hands of his pretend father- Simon Hurt

he just doesn't have many

My favourite characters in no particular order are:

John Constantine (not Keanu 'Woah' Reeves version, but the Sting inspired chain smoking a**hole in all his glory

Deathstroke, although ill be the first to admit he is completely over written at times, he is one of the few who has actually bested Batman in hand to hand combat, so points for him

The Question, I love Rorschach but he is quite obviously heavily inspired by The Question, as were most of the Watchmen characters so inspired by other superheroes.

I also love Solomon Grundy... "Solomon Grundy, Born on a Monday. Christened on a Stark and Stormy Tuesday. Married on a Gray and Grisly Wednesday... etc, just classic, love him

and Catwoman... no real reason here, shes just incredibly hot

It's been decades since I read comics of any kind and even then Super Heroes weren't my favorites, so I'm not sure what was DC or something else.

Nonetheless, even as a kid I liked Wonder Woman's minimalist costume and the clinging outfit on Cat Woman--plus WW's rope and CW's backscratching claws! What a weekend that would make!

You want to post like me?
It's been decades since I read comics of any kind and even then Super Heroes weren't my favorites, so I'm not sure what was DC or something else.

Nonetheless, even as a kid I liked Wonder Woman's minimalist costume and the clinging outfit on Cat Woman--plus WW's rope and CW's backscratching claws! What a weekend that would make!

I see your point

Superman from about 1960. He had all these fantastic powers and could fly around the Universe.

Batman was less realistic than Superman to me because he'd never get away with it. Too easy to lure into a trap. One bullet and he's dead.

I like old-time Superman, and Batman.
30s and 40s era comic books.
I think those were the years.
The art work was cool.
And so were the stories.

All the comics are available on DVD's. Not as good as the originals but you don't have to be Bill Gates to be able to afford them.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Batman without a doubt.

From their Vertigo imprint, Spider Jerusalem is a great character, would love to see the Transmetropolitan comics made into a movie or TV miniseries.

So I impulsively think "What DC character is cooler than Batman?!", and I answer my own question. Superman was "Super", but Batman was a badass. No powers, in the early days an incredible detective mind, fearless, and the most frightening.

Constantine gets an honorable nod simply because Hellblazer is one of the most consistently well written comics Ive ever seen. Read the Swamp Thing American Gothic by Alan Moore. That storyline is vintage John Constantine.

Beware The Probe!
For everyone voting for Batman, you do realize he's dead right now, right?
The current Batman is actually former Robin and Nightwing, Dick Grayson.

For me it's always been the Man of Steel...
The Son of Krypton...
The Big Blue Boyscout...

Of course, after Bruce's death and the formation of a new Krypton on the opposite side of our sun, Superman has decided to rejoin his people in Kandor on New Krypton.

He's left Earth in the hands of his hand-picked choice, Mon-El.
Mon-El is from the planet Daxam whose people gain the same powers as Kryptonians under a yellow sun.

He's always been my favorite member of the Legion of Superheroes.
So right now with Bats dead and Supes gone, I'll pick him as my favorite.

And maybe Powergirl as my favorite female DC character.
For...uh... a couple of reasons.

The Flash is starting to interest me, I've never been heavy in his mythos but I just found a couple old comics of mine featuring him, I have to say I like his personality, similar to Spidey. As far as Batman, my biggest problem is that he isn't a superhero or really a true vigilante, as a matter of fact behind his cloak and growling demeanor he's as idealistic as Supes.