What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

The movie 'Anti-Christ' is one of the most disturbing movies EVER. and thats something coming from me, because i am so down for disturbing movies.

Deadgirl(2008) was the most disturbing movie for me.

I agree with HK, Hitch. The book had that kind of atmosphere while the movie failed at it. They were both pretty creepy though.
I'm reading the book right now, but I thought the movie had a pretty creepy atmosphere.

The movie 'Anti-Christ' is one of the most disturbing movies EVER. and thats something coming from me, because i am so down for disturbing movies.
Antichrist's climax (no pun intended) was way too over the top.

I found Cannibal Holocaust to be incredibly messed up.
I thought it was surprisingly slow paced and rather tame. Sure, it was graphic for its time, but I've seen far worse stuff on CSI.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I'm reading the book right now, but I thought the movie had a pretty creepy atmosphere.
Creepy and Disturbing are completely different in film, yes the book and movie were creepy but there is nothing disturbing about it.

Trainspotting, especially the baby scene

I got a hold of a "Faces of Death" video once. Nothing more disturbing than real violence.

As far as fake...Nightmare on Elm Street killed me as a kid with chronic nightmares.

Natural Born killers was disturbing.
Requiem for a Dream fits in there.
I also thought Proposition was disturbing although it did introduce me to my favorite poem.

reading this thread made me sick... literally

^^ yeah while reading this thread I am searching some of the videos on youtube oh men, some of the trailers are gross. and really distubing

Once Were Warriors - I dont mind violent movies but this movie seemed to have alot of unsettling violence and alot of emotional,physical,racial and sexist abuse against family and friends.Very hard for me to watch but i didnt have a choice,it was part of a classroom assignment to watch it

And at the end of fear, oblivion
The Pianist is one of the movies that most disturbed me.
Not only it is based on a true story, but the performances are so incredibly realistic that is almost frightening.

And everything else in the movie is made in such a true, pure way. It's the blunt violent honesty that disturbs me.

The most disturbing movies I have ever seen are:

1) American History X
2) Requiem for a Dream
Dude!!! Both are fricken sick!

Awesome movies but definately disturbing...

its got to be chainsaw massace in texas. That film was real scary.

The most disturbing films I've seen, in no particular order:

Grizzly Man

Schindler's List (however, Schindler's List is necessary, because there are an awful lot of people out there who really need to be disturbed to some degree or other, and shaken up).

Garden of the Finzi-Continis (another film that's necessary to shake people up, although I ended up sobbing at the end of it).

The Town (I've already elaborated why I find it disturbing, on other posts/threads)

Gloria (a good film, but rather sadistic)

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Harlan County USA

Yes Sir, No Sir

Full Metal Jacket

One Day In September

Full Metal Jacket is Stanley Kubrick's most disturbing film? Not The Shining, or A Clockwork Orange, or Eyes Wide Shut? I have got to see this.

Full Metal Jacket is Stanley Kubrick's most disturbing film? Not The Shining, or A Clockwork Orange, or Eyes Wide Shut? I have got to see this.
I never saw A Clockwork Orange or Eyes Wide Shut, but I do agree with you about The Shining. I found Full Metal Jacket disturbing, because it clearly portrays what the United States did to a country and its people, not to mention its own soldiers, forcing them to fight in a war that they didn't necessarily want to fight in, and how they were turned into killing machines.

I think I'll add Platoon to my list for the same reason.