Best Sam Mendes Movie

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Road to Perdition.

Didn't really like Skyfall that much.

Haven't seen Revolutionary Road yet, but the one I like the most from him so far is Road To Perdition. I thought that while it had some good qualities, American Beauty came across as a rather pretentious and pointless examination of a mid life crises in American suburbia, which I have no interest in whatsoever.

Not counting his Bond films (which I might rewatch on 2023):

Revolutionary Road
American Beauty

RR was passable to me, and I didn't like American Beauty. Loved 1917 though.

I'd prob put both his Bond films above RR, but need to rewatch them.

Can't add too much to this thread since I've only seen American Beauty and Skyfall. However, it;s gotta be said that AMerican Beauty is the single weirdest non-surrealism movie I've ever seen. Sure, there are a couple dream sequences. But the whole weirdness stems from these people just being themselves.

I'll re-rate them all after I see Empire of Light in the next couple weeks.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

American Beauty

Road to Perdition

Revolutionary Road

Skyfall

Spectre

Granted, I haven't seen Road to Perdition, who knows how I'll react to it. I also suspect you like RR more than me.

its a really good movie and huh rr what that mean?
RR = Revolutionary Road