Best M. Night Shymalan Movie?

Tools    

I Think Signs Has Been His Best Movie So Far. With Lady In The Water And Unbreakable In Second And Third.

Lady in the Water???

His best movie is the Sixth Sense. Unbreakable is good. After that, most are mediocre movies. The latest one, the happening, is a disaster.

Signs is my favorite of his. It's his best and most well-crafted film, in my opinion.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
the sixth sense is my favorite just because it was written so orginal and the way audiences kept the ending so secret. unheard of then even today, it made me like movies even more.

the sixth sense is my favorite just because it was written so orginal and the way audiences kept the ending so secret. unheard of then even today, it made me like movies even more.
I Loved The Ending To The Sixth Sense.

Sixth sense, then unbreakable... signs is not good, not bad until the end where it just a very stupid ending

Semper Fooey
In my opinion, an overrated director. It's all been downhill since the Sixth Sense and even that one, although brilliantly conceived, was marred by slow, ponderous pacing. Since then he has gotten even slower and more ponderous. He needs to lighten up.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I have to take issue with the reasoning. The slow, ponderous pacing is pretty much the entire point of The Sixth Sense, and things most definitely did not get slower, overall. While Unbreakable may have been even slower at points, it also had a few far busier sequences; Signs is quicker than either of them; The Happening has the fastest pace of anything he's ever done, even though it's no good. If anything, it seems his slower films are his better ones.

That said, I agree it's been downhill for a bit, but I don't think it started going that way until The Village. The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs are all absolutely fantastic, reflected in the huge box office success of two (and modest success of the third), and the overwhelming critical acclaim heaped on them.

I did like Signs. Its sad to say that I never seen Unbreakable. Sixth Sense is definitely up there in my fav movies of all time. He is a good filmmaker I guess I liked sixth so much the other movies didn't live up to what I expected. He really started with a bang.

sixth sense is his best id say then unbreakable though i like most of his except lady in the water.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Signs for me. Sixth Sense was pretty decent and Unbreakable was good but I did not get to finish it.

Lady in the Water and the Village are just plain trash

I vote for Unbreakable.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Sixth Sense, Unbreakable (then Signs).

The Village is all right, but I wouldn't consider it necessary viewing as far as Shaymalan's work is concerned.

His work is going downhill - maybe he's just running out of ideas. Nobody's born equal, creatively speaking.