Movies You Hate

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Tacitus
Hate is a strong word, but just about right for Anchorman...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Anchorman has some superbly funny moments. I wasnt a fan of the Will until i saw that film. Now i love that ugly funny man.
Originally Posted by uconjack
The Hours is on my list of movies to see. Everyone else hate it too?
The Hours is a favourite of mine. An excellantly slow-burning melodrama. Keep it on your list.

As for movies i hate -

Indian in the Cupboard

Annoying child in desperate need of corrective oral surgery recieves a cupboard for his birthday (A cupboard?? I mean how EVIL must his parents be?) and he puts a little indian in it and it comes alive. Little boy gurns at said indian whilst it battles with other plastic toys bought to life by the ugly boy playing God. The end.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I agree with your whole post there blib. I think we have alot in common. A cupboard for gods sake? Anchorman is a favourite of mine too, so watch out for the guns, they'll get ya.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Fresh with Sam the man Jackson,
Dante's Peak
Romeo and Juliet- Baz Lurman's effort, one of the few movies I've actually walked out of, before being ushered into Dante's Peak, what a craptacular night that was!!!

Just finished watching " Unleashed " with Jet Li, set in my hometown, so bad I almost threw popcorn all over my lounge before walking out, then I realised I had nowhere else to sleep!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
As for movies i hate -

Indian in the Cupboard

Annoying child in desperate need of corrective oral surgery recieves a cupboard for his birthday (A cupboard?? I mean how EVIL must his parents be?) and he puts a little indian in it and it comes alive. Little boy gurns at said indian whilst it battles with other plastic toys bought to life by the ugly boy playing God. The end.

I hate Indian in the Cupboard too... and another one I thought of is:

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Do you know my poetry?
Born on the Fourth of July (Oliver Stone - 1989) is a film I hate tremendously. A horrendously dull piece of ***** film just trying far to hard to accomplish something. Terrible. And far too long of a film, too.

Put me in your pocket...
Sin City ~ Way too violent for me. Liked the art and style, but the rest I hated and will never see again.

Sideways ~ At first I was on the fence about this one. After weeks/months of reflection, just the dislike of it remained and my soap box grew...so it's being thrown on my hated list.

The Master of Disguise ~ It was painful sitting through this eventhough my kids lliked it. I really wanted Dana Carvey to do well...but I cringed throughout.

Pokémon: Jirachi - Wish Maker (2004) ~ I could at least sit through the other Pokemon movie's and talk with my kids about it afterwards...but this one was hard to watch. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally Posted by Aniko
Sideways ~ At first I was on the fence about this one. After weeks/months of reflection, just the dislike of it remained and my soap box grew...so it's being thrown on my hated list.
I love this movie, I've watched it three times ince I bought it. I don't know why really. I don't think It's the sort of film targetted at me but I just love Paul Giamatti. I really want him to keep getting starring roles and stop with the comedy-sidekick routine. He stole the show in Cinderella Man.

Anyway another film I hate.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by MinionTV
I love this movie, I've watched it three times ince I bought it. I don't know why really. I don't think It's the sort of film targetted at me but I just love Paul Giamatti. I really want him to keep getting starring roles and stop with the comedy-sidekick routine. He stole the show in Cinderella Man.
I know alot of other people that liked Sideways too. Sorry Mini. There are movies that people are listing that I liked as well, like GWTW.

Tacitus...I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist.

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
Fresh with Sam the man Jackson
I absolutely LOVE Fresh (1994). Great movie.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Aniko
I know alot of other people that liked Sideways too. Sorry Mini.
I've heard alot of people say they didn't like Sideways, but I've never heard any of them explain why.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
I've heard alot of people say they didn't like Sideways, but I've never heard any of them explain why.
I was unimpressed with Sideways.

It's OK, but not much more. That it is better than the usual Hollywood claptrap isn't saying much. Just because it's better than My Baby's Daddy, The Whole Ten Yards and Raising Helen isn't anything to get excited about. The acting was fine, but not spectacular. The characters were well-drawn as far as they went, but not nearly enough was done. As for the situational gags, they were few and far between. It could have been a comedic character piece with some real wit and depth, or it could have been an updated fun Screwballer for adults. It's bits of both here and there, but never enough of its own thing, and ultimately unsuccessful. For me. I don't hate it, but I definitely don't think it is among the best films of that or any year.

GRADE: C+

For God's sake don't watch "signs"
If you have eyes and know hoe to read, (And if you haven't or don't know what the hell you're doing in a forum?) and my profile worked so you can see the movie I most hate of it all.

This movie manage to be the worst and the dumbest movie of all times(because some manage to be dumb but really good like american pie).
I know many can say I didn't get it so I summon thee to answer some questions of mine since for some reason the new threads button isn't working and I can't find a "signs" forum. Here goes:

-The aliens are assumed to be aeons after us in technological advancement so...WHY THE HELL THEY DON'T USE GUNS? The aliens try to enter the guy house by what seems a coal depository, get locked behind doors and use kids as hostages. If they are trying to dominate a planet why they don't brought the heavy firepower?
-Why the aliens can walk without protection gear despite the water in our atmosphere?
-And of course the million dollars question: Why the aliens can't choose a planet with less water to begin with? They could have colonized mars or even a better and less polluted planet in other galaxy...so...they are just dumb?
-The guy's wife is a fortuneteller or a prophet? How she knew what would happen and gave that advices to him?
-And also...why they made signs in the crops? They didn't lands there...and if they did while we weren't looking...for what? Why don't they just bring the planet to it's knees with a death UFO ray like war of the worlds? In which by the way more dumb alien features. This time dying from the zillions of germs in our planet...If we can find some in mars how can't they see ours if they're so advanced? Uh...I guess I strayed from the subject. Forget it
My avatar is the evil doctor whom tried to test if his dumbness potion he put in the water had worked. So he created a movie to defy the inteligence of the most lesser minded human beings he decided to call this movie "signs".

Good Will God Damn Hunting. Wish fulfilment for ********.

Interview With The Vampire was so stupid I nearly went blind, and Breakfast Club made me really want to put my foot through the screen.

Feverish Chocolate Love Child
Fear Dot Com

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by stevo3001
Good Will God Damn Hunting. Wish fulfilment for ********.

Interview With The Vampire was so stupid I nearly went blind,

and Breakfast Club made me really want to put my foot through the screen.

Whaaaaaaaa???
You were a chess club geek, weren't you?

There are SO many bad flicks out there, but only a precious few which I actually hate. That being said - Frippin' Emloyee of the Month & Pet Cemetary II should just die.

And I know it's been mentioned already, but how the hell could anyone hate Anchorman?! By the Beard of Zeus, I love that movie.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I was unimpressed with Sideways.

It's OK, but not much more. The acting was fine, but not spectacular. The characters were well-drawn as far as they went, but not nearly enough was done. As for the situational gags, they were few and far between. It could have been a comedic character piece with some real wit and depth, or it could have been an updated fun Screwballer for adults.
I thought the characters were very well-crafted. Because the film operates over the duration of a week, we only get a partial sense of the characters (which I kinda like, gives it a "short story" quality). But they still feel like real people with real aspirations, flaws, and emotions. Thomas Hayden Church's character could very well have come off as the shallow comic relief, but even he - as closed as he is - shows an inkling of a real, insecure person underneath (and not a convenient novelty). The dialogue throughout was very well-crafted: not generic or recycled, but original (and very much character-specific).

What I really like about the film is that it doesn't lean toward trying to be one genre over another. It balances quirky comedy and compelling, accessible drama that makes for, I think, a much deeper experience than what you might normally find on the shelves these days. Any great film puts you through a gamut of emotional reactions, expressing many deeper themes and meanings that stick with you for consideration (I'm thinking of the extended dialogue between Giamatti and Madsen here) - and this one does just that for me. I like it when films make me smile, laugh, cry, fume, and think about stuff all in one sitting.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
I like it when films make me smile, laugh, cry, fume, and think about stuff all in one sitting.
Me too. And Sideways does none of those things for me.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Now now. You've both made your case. Why sweat the subjective stuff?

Here... hug and make up.