Twitter

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
The only thing that arch Toryboy posh spiv and future UK Prime Minister David Cameron has said of any substance is - Too many twits make a tw@t

Tw@tter, Arsebook etc are nothing more than video games for people who don't play video games - Instead of completing levels you hoover up 'friends' and, if you're desperately unlucky, get messages from the people you went to school with and never wanted to see again.
I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that your description isn't really so different from what's going on with a website like this. I can draw a few comparisons between Facebook and this place, if only to illustrate that there's really no big difference and it's pointless to get hung up on being so critical of it, especially if you enjoy something not so different.

The People's Republic of Clogher
MoFo's not a fad though. What percentage of social networking site users will jump ship to whatever is hip this time next year?

I can see where you're coming from if you stretch the point that twits (or whatever they are) are mini blogs or, if you will, messageboard posts. It all falls down in that aspect because it's not centralised like here so you have great difficulty reading debates, conversations etc.

Sooo ... it's nothing like here.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Movie-related people/things to follow on twitter?

I've started following Film4 twitter.com/Film4 They also have a separate film club twitter feed for discussing a particular movie when they show it on Film4. The next one is Ferris Bueller's Day Off 9pm GMT Monday.

And twitter.com/bfi. For following the BFI, obviously.

Female Jungle Poster
Nah, I don't twit. Twitter? Tweet? Twote? Whatever.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

I See You When You're Sleeping
Anyone who follows me gets followed back unless you're rascist or dead.

I am my bands account and former username of this very forum (that's the name of my band). Anyway FOLLOW ME.

Twitter is ridiculously boring and addictive. Unfortunately theres so many interesting people including celeb's, politicians, musician's, etc but for the every day person like myself, I can't ever picture a legion of fans wishin to follow the day to day life of me nor of anything interesting every single day in which ppl would care about. However TheMikeNaz is my username. I tweet most days, but nothing ground breaking, im more following wrestlers and shouting out to friends.

I only follow one person..my uncle

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
the deep loathing, while a bit snobby, is understandable. however, i don't think there's anything wrong with the concept of twitter just because you can't write in-depth, blog-like updates. if i want to do that, i can go to lots of other places like MY BLOG. it's like using Facebook without all the Farmville or Petville ****. i only add people i actually care about, and i only have 13 friends, i think, none of which use it to "stalk" people. but it is a nice way to converse here and there.

Welcome to the human race...
So I ended up signing up for it a month or two ago. Not hooked on it or anything, but I do check it from time to time. Definitely not a major thing.

I will not Twitter. I will not tweet.

Bad for us, fool.

Follow me on Twitter!

MyHollywoodSrc

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Do I really have to know every time a friend eats a slice of pizza or is bored in the doctor's office? What has our civilization come to with all this uselessness?

Gotta go, Jersey Shore's on!

I do. I try to follow people in my business to get an idea of whats going on and what competitors are doing.