Your Best and Worst Oscar moments

Tools    

It can be anything and for any reason including overdue wins, undeserved wins, funny moments, bizarre moments etc.

Best Moment
Oscar: Best Picture: 1997
Winner: Titanic
Recipient: James Cameron

Reason: I was 7 years old, my first ever oscars (I tuned in to). All I knew was that James cameron directed Aliens/Terminator 1/2, I loved Titanic (then) and I wanted him to win. His reaction and speech were just gold. Even at 7, I knew what it meant to him and was genuinely happy for him. A really awesome moment.

Worst Moment
Oscar: Best Short Film, Live Action
Winner: Toyland (2007)
Recipient: Jochen Alexander Freydank

Reason: Simply put, the two ass-clows presenters (Momentarily anyway). I'm a huge fan of James Franco and Seth Rogan, unfortunately Franco spills the guys name like hot beans on toast and Seth Rogan cant hide his splutter of laughter, or have the manners not to do so into the mic. People say I was being too cynical about the event and that its was all just a little bit of fun. It just angered me, the concept that this guys could be showing his biggest achievement, the day he got recognition at the most prestigious award ceremony in the world to his grandkids or something and he has those idiots sniggering at his name. The announcement, and the transition to the winners face will always be the moment summed up for me, not the speech.

Luckily Jochen Alexander Freydank played it like a pro and just enjoyed his moment. props

Best Moment
Oscar: Best Picture: 1997
Winner: Titanic
Recipient: James Cameron

Reason: I was 7 years old, my first ever oscars (I tuned in to). All I knew was that James cameron directed Aliens/Terminator 1/2, I loved Titanic (then) and I wanted him to win. His reaction and speech were just gold. Even at 7, I knew what it meant to him and was genuinely happy for him. A really awesome moment.

I couldn't agree more, TITANIC back then was a fantastic movie & it still is today. Everything about it is absolutely fantastic & amazing.

I guess that sickens me, but, you know, imagine yourself up there! I don't know if I'd be clear headed enough to cuss out the Academy and list my grievances or if I'd just break down like Halle Berry. It's a big moment, man. Also, I'd rather have real emotion than the kind of detached sh*t that Rogen and Franco pulled. Yeah, it's big deal to some people. Sorry if it doesn't mean anything to you... I'd probably cry if Russel Crowe read my Oscar though.

Welcome to the human race...
I guess that sickens me, but, you know, imagine yourself up there! I don't know if I'd be clear headed enough to cuss out the Academy and list my grievances or if I'd just break down like Halle Berry. It's a big moment, man. Also, I'd rather have real emotion than the kind of detached sh*t that Rogen and Franco pulled. Yeah, it's big deal to some people. Sorry if it doesn't mean anything to you... I'd probably cry if Russel Crowe read my Oscar though.
Alfred Hitchcock gave the best acceptance speech ever.

Indeed. He always struck me as an ultra-chill guy who always knows what he's doing though. I dunno. I feel like if I ever got up there (I'd probably have to break in with a bomb strapped to my chest or something), in front of all those celebs, in front of Iroquois and Harry Lime... whom I know would be watching... I might just start a-bawling. Then detonate myself.

Great moments:
Tom Hanks speech for Philadelphia

Overdue win:
Jeff Bridges for Crazy Heart

Nice to see Richard Jenkins nominated, so wonderful in Six Feet Under too.

Another overdue, never won other than his lifetime achievement Oscar:
Peter O'Toole