0%
0 votes
Opera
0%
0 votes
Other
18 votes. You may not vote on this poll

IE 8 at home, Firefox 3 at work.

IE is a bit more forgiving of code that's less-than-standards compliant, which means it's a bit more likely to render a poorly-coded page the way the designer may have intended. This makes it somewhat useful to browsers, but hateful to developers, but for browsing purposes I prefer it, both for that reason, and because I like the general layout a bit better. Also, habit.

Firefox makes more sense for me on a lower-resource computer, I find, and since such a computer would probably struggle a bit with IE 7 or 6, and I hate IE 6, that's that.

Wouldn't surprise me even a little if I end up using Chrome almost everywhere in the next year or so, however.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
I use Firefox almost exclusively. I find the load times on IE to be unbearable! I also have Safari and Chrome, but forget that I have them sometimes. I've gotten so accustomed to Firefox that I usually don't bother with the others. I do like Chrome and Safari though too, just don't use them at much.

Interesting about how IE renders code better. I wouldn't have known that.

I use Safari because I'm using a 64 bit operating system (Snow Leopard) with a 64 bit version of the application making it faster than chrome on OS X. I also love the layout and design of safari and it now has extension support.

When I use Windows, I use chrome, I'm all about speed when it comes to browsers.

Most people would take issue with what I said. Whether or not it's "better" depends on the perspective. It's like a translator that forgives poorly constructed sentences; on one hand, it's more useful for understanding what someone means. On the other hand, it's deviating from what's technically correct, and also, by implication, kind of encouraging it.

Other web developers might have a problem with my suggestion, anyway. Also, the difference is FAR less pronounced now than it was before, so it's mostly out of habit at this point.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I use Mozilla mainly as an alternative to buggy, virus-cesspool IE. Although it's not perfect, I get less problems with Firefox. What sucks is that a few things only work on IE, forcing you to use it sometimes. Lately when I open up IE, 5 Google tabs start opening up automatically, causing me to go, "WTF, shut er down, shut er down" and open Mozilla. I used to love computers, and now I am really starting to hate them. Time to go fishing.

Female Jungle Poster
I was on Firefox, but the add-ons kept blocking me and overall wreaking havoc. I've switched to IE, which seems a bit better, but I'm pretty sure the entire computer needs to be wiped then re-installed.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I use Firefox only becauseit was a bit faster than Internet Explorer. I'm tempted to move to Google Chrome to see what it's like but I feel like I should be a bit more faithful to Firefox since it works so well.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Firefox. I like having my RSS feeds as little drop-down lists in my bookmarks bar.

I tried Safari for a month and found the RSS feed integration to be downright annoying, so I switched back.

I use Mozilla Firefox coz I think it is secure and the fastest browser than other ones....and this too friendly according to me.....

i use firefox coz its much better than IE and has amazing add-ons which make your surfing lot easier

The People's Republic of Clogher
Converted to Firefox from Opera a few years ago and haven't looked back apart from one brief, mad affair with Chrome. Until my arthritic old laptop died, I used K-Meleon on it - very lightweight and did the job.

I've actually found myself doing a little bit of coding myself lately (nothing on a par with Yoda obviously), but some HTML and light CSS. I'm having images display on Safari and Chrome and not on FireFox and then Photo Galleries work on Firefox but not on Safari or Chrome. It's a bit of a nightmare, sort of damage limitation in some cases.