Official Site Show-Off Thread

Tools    

That looks pretty intense I seriously doubt I can teach you anything, I love the editing process but my head's less in the technicalities of it all. Is there a thread about final cut, or even better a thread about members who are making/writing/studying/doing something with films
It's as easy as dragging a slider away from green/cyan/blue spectrum and towards red/magenta/yellow spectrum. The injection of a colour on the opposite end of the colour wheel will always neutralise the intensity of a hue.

Color in particular has an intimidating interface to start with, but after a short while you realise its all very logical and after a few lessons, your own logic will have you mastering the application.

Try and looks for classes that teach the whole final cut studio, not just final cut pro. Its possible to do editing, correcting, grading, sound editing, sound mixing and output all inside final cut pro, but if you want the freedom to perfect and finesse like a professional, its good practice to learn all the appropriate tools.

I like that your a film maker first and foremost, techi next. Thats why us film fanatics will always be better than a nerd who knows how to use the software. We have a further understanding of film and how the tools can be used and applied to features effectively and efficiently.

It's as easy as dragging a slider away from green/cyan/blue spectrum and towards red/magenta/yellow spectrum. The injection of a colour on the opposite end of the colour wheel will always neutralise the intensity of a hue.
Color in particular has an intimidating interface to start with, but after a short while you realise its all very logical and after a few lessons, your own logic will have you mastering the application.
Sounds like something to tackle early on, I'll keep that in mind
Try and looks for classes that teach the whole final cut studio, not just final cut pro. Its possible to do editing, correcting, grading, sound editing, sound mixing and output all inside final cut pro, but if you want the freedom to perfect and finesse like a professional, its good practice to learn all the appropriate tools.
I meant threads on this site, just for discussion purposes, but yes that sounds like a better idea, when I switch to a university it'll be possible
I like that your a film maker first and foremost, techi next. Thats why us film fanatics will always be better than a nerd who knows how to use the software. We have a further understanding of film and how the tools can be used and applied to features effectively and efficiently.