Mac vs PC

Tools    

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
I've always been a PC user so i'll have to go with PC but I appreciate how good the Macbook Pro is and if I was into art and design I would have bought one years ago.

PC, largely based on cost and the range of programs available. If everything else were equal, I'd probably go with a Mac, but they're significantly more expensive, so it's PC for me.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I have used a PC/IBM windows operating system since around 1995 or windows 3.11. They are fine by the life-cycle seems to be about 3-5 years on them and then it's time for either an upgrade or a whole new system.

Just last August I bought a macbook pro and am extremely happy with it. Outside of FPS I don't game much on computers, so I need something that won't get a virus and will run the internet well as well as word and such.

So my vote is a mac.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

PC, largely based on cost and the range of programs available. If everything else were equal, I'd probably go with a Mac, but they're significantly more expensive, so it's PC for me.
What applications aren't available for mac?

I use a Mac for Final Cut Studio.

Stereotypical as this may sound, if you use a mac for no particular reason, you've probably just got rich ass parents who are buying you **** and or your based in California and want a macbook pro a.k.a fashion accessory to charge your iPhone.

What applications aren't available for mac?
I can't list them, because I don't have a Mac, and therefore have no way to make a specific comparison. I've simply noticed the number of programs available in common places, like Download.com, that exist only for PCs. I'm coupling that with comments from some Mac owners I've known over the users who note the smaller number of programs. I imagine this has lessened over time, but it can't be non-existent. The more common platform invariably has more programs available for it.

I can't list them, because I don't have a Mac, and therefore have no way to make a specific comparison. I've simply noticed the number of programs available in common places, like Download.com, that exist only for PCs. I'm coupling that with comments from some Mac owners I've known over the users who note the smaller number of programs. I imagine this has lessened over time, but it can't be non-existent. The more common platform invariably has more programs available for it.

Correct, but I have to say this is nearly non-esistant now. With emulators and application like VMWare and Parallels allowing you to duel boot into windows (run OS X and Windows simultaneously), you can still run what few applications aren't available.

But your point is still 100% valid as running windows on a mac dosent exactly win a MAC vs PC debate for MAC lol

The People's Republic of Clogher
PC, because I build my own. Simples.

I've got nothing against Macs but I'm on a budget.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Started out on a Mac in the mid 80's but had to switch to PC because I had to play nice with most of the work force using PCs. Either way, the disk question-mark icon (mac) and the blue screen of death (PC) have harshed my mellow from time to time....