I hate Adam Sandler

Tools    

Don't like Adam Sandler films, but I don't hate the man himself. My favourite film of his (that doesn't star Drew Barrymore) is the first one I saw, Airheads. But then, I don't consider that an Adam Sandler film as he's not the main character. Actually, that film has quite a few people in it that I don't like, but they're all in lesser roles.

If I could make a thread about how I feel on Adam Sandler, I would name it I love Adam Sandler

Employee of the Month
"50 first Dates", "Click" and "Reign Over Me" are pretty good. Sure, his humour is kind of simple - he`s the average friendly neighborhood comedian to me.

But:

According to wiki, he was a serious candidate for the part of the Killer in "Collateral". Tom Cruise did an awesome job, maybe the best in his whole career, but that the audience will never see Sandlers interpretation of Vincent is a real loss.

At least, this guy is big, kind of freaky - and he obviously like violence. Subtract his everlasting smile and the victim-attitude, and you`ve got an A-Class sociopath, who walks and talks like a predator. I would like to see him in a role like that.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I think Adam Sandler is a great actor and funny as hell, but thats just my opinion.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I enjoyed his skits on Saturday Night Live when I was a kid, but I don't think he made the transition well to film. Certainly he was successful but I don't think he can carry an entire film. He's good in short five minute bits, but beyond that, the gags and jokes get old. I think skits such as the Herlahey Boy are funny, but for a whole movie it would be ridiculous.

I do like Punch Drunk Love and am entertained by The Wedding Singer.

The Waterboy is worthless
Little Nicky is worthless.

I can tolerate maybe watching five minutes of Happy Gilmore or Billy Madison.

Eh, oh well. He's one of those comics that never should have made it in films, but for whatever reasons he has.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The Waterboy is worthless...
Where would we be had The Waterboy not coined lines such as, "You've been playin' the foosball behind my back?", "Alligators are ornery, because they have all them teeth and no toothbrush" and "My muh-muh mama said." I'd hate to think of such a place.

True, Adam Sandler is best absorbed in small scenes. I will admit that I enjoyed him in Spanglish and Reign Over Me. Films where he's not trying to cram some sort of comedic rant down our throats, and trying to be serious, are actually not bad.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I can't stand Adam Sandler either, but to me the most overrated comedic actor is Will Ferrell.
I'd agree with you, were it not for Ben Stiller. I really can't split the two of them.

Where would we be had The Waterboy not coined lines such as, "You've been playin' the foosball behind my back?", "Alligators are ornery, because they have all them teeth and no toothbrush" and "My muh-muh mama said." I'd hate to think of such a place.
*desperately hoping that's sarcasm.*

I'd agree with you, were it not for Ben Stiller. I really can't split the two of them.
But Ben Stiller at least has Tropic Thunder, which is a damn funny movie.

The only funny movies with Will Ferrell in them are funny in spite of his presence, not because of it - and that list is very short. Namely Old School and Wedding Crashers.

One man for the job but the right man
I dont think Adam Sandler is a bad actor at all. My favorite movie of his was Click and I think he did an excellent job playing his role. In my opinion, hes a hilarious guy..

But Ben Stiller at least has Tropic Thunder, which is a damn funny movie.

I, literally, chuckled once during that film and it was at the end when he threw the kid and they ruined that by showing that the kid was ok. As if we'd think that he'd really done it.

The only funny movies with Will Ferrell in them are funny in spite of his presence, not because of it - and that list is very short. Namely Old School and Wedding Crashers.
I don't know if those films are funny or not, as I haven't seen them (though I know they're not, as that's why I didn't see them) but I have a theory that, for the people that like them, Will Ferrell films aren't funny because of him, but the others in the film. Therefore, he gets paid huge amounts of cash and is considered a film star despite his appearances in his films, not because of them. I've not asked many, about 8, but those I have, have agreed with me (after thinking about it).

I'd like to see him in more serious roles , loved him in Punch Drunk Love and I think he's going to get a lot more recognition with Funny People.

I agree he is a lousy actor and not very funny. Bed Time Stories is the only one I can say I got a decent laugh out of. When you follow actors like Robin Williams and Jim Carrey then along comes Adam Sandler. Huge waste of time and money in my opinion. I love this thread.When I see comedy put on a film I actually like to be able to laugh. I even laugh when I am at the cinema. I don t understand why people don t laugh when they go to the cinema.Like it s a crime or something.I love comedy. It s good to laugh.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I'd like to see him in more serious roles , loved him in Punch Drunk Love and I think he's going to get a lot more recognition with Funny People.
That was a great movie, it was deffinatly great to see him out of his comfort zone and doing something unexpected.

I have a confession to make.

I loved "Grown Ups".

But seriously, I didn't know Will Ferrell gets so much hate! "Anchorman" was the funniest movie I've ever seen, and for that I shall never hate him.

Adam Sandler's only decent flick is Punch-Drunk Love, though I do have a soft spot for Little Nicky.

The best Will Ferrel movie by a country mile is Stranger than Fiction which isn't really a broad comedy, and is somewhat overlooked by his fans. I believe that pretty much says it all really. As for the others; the only one of (minor) note is probably Step Brothers, but I put most of that down to John C. Reilly.

I have an ambivalent opinion on Adam Sandler... I think he is a bad actor, since I always see 'Adam Sandler' and not 'Henry Roth' (50 first dates) or 'Robbie Hart' (the wedding singer). However I have to admit that I tend to cry in the rain scene in Click, and also The Longest Yard is a movie I watch every time it is shown in tv.. So actually he can surprise once in a while with good acting, but most of the time he does not impress me..