RIP Cloris Leachman

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
An absolute legend indeed...sad to hear of her passing

She was terrific in The Last Picture Show. R.I.P.

An Oscar and eight time Emmy winner...one of the most versatile actresses in the business. This woman could do absolutely anything onscreen. From the self-absorbed Phyllis Lindstrom on The Mary Tyler Moore Show to the love-starved housewife in The Last Picture Show...comedy, drama, music, Leachman could do it all. Yes, I said music, I don't if anyone remembers a television production of the Broadway musical Of Thee I Sing with Carroll O'Connor, but she had a wonderful singing voice. Loved her as Tea Leoni's mother in Splanglish and who didn't love Frau Blucher? 2021 is beginning to look as bad as 2020. I just realized Leachman's passing leaves Edward Asner, Gavin MacLeod. Betty White, and John Amos as the only surviving cast members of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. RIP, Cloris

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Cloris Leachman on the Letterman morning show. Even at 54, she was such a vibrant presence..

Cloris Leachman on the Letterman morning show. Even at 54, she was such a vibrant presence
LOL. 54 is not exactly ancient.

LOL. 54 is not exactly ancient.
In the clip, Leachman introduces her teenage daughter, and the contrast between the daughter and Cloris' bright-eyed glow is stark, like some kind of Freaky Friday shenanigans.

Even though I knew she had died, I overlooked this thread as so many have passed on so close together and this thread sank down the page. I loved Cloris Leachman. Any movie I saw her in, and of course the TV shows, like The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Never got to see the spinoff, Phyllis with Cloris. I watched the show Raising Hope with her religiously, never missing an episode. She played Maw Maw and her memory would come and go, with her daughter and son-in-law (Martha Plimpton and Garret Dillahunt) sometimes talking about getting Maw Maw's house when/if she passed, then Maw Maw would suddenly snap back to reality. She was really funny in that.

I think my favorite role of hers in a Mel Brooks film was as Nurse Diesel, the bullet-bra wearing, hairy upper-lipped, cigar-smoking, S&M partner of Harvey Korman with designs on taking over the Institute for the Very, Very, Nervous:

Godspeed, Cloris!

I think my favorite role of hers in a Mel Brooks film was as Nurse Diesel, the bullet-bra wearing, hairy upper-lipped, cigar-smoking, S&M partner of Harvey Korman with designs on taking over the Institute for the Very, Very, Nervous:

"Those who are late do not get fruit cup."