The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
IIf The Dark Knight can stay at the top of the IMDb Top 250 for over a decade, I think it's not out of the realm of possibility that it'll show up in the top 30 on this list.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Programming note: this thread now has the 39th most posts of any in the site's history (it'll top 5,000 very shortly), and it's either 3rd, 4th, or 5th if you exclude ongoing tabs or games (depending on exactly how you define that). And it's only been up a little over a month.
Yeah, should jump a few more spots for sure.

What thread has the most?

Suspect's Reviews

To be fair, The Dark Knight did make it at #46 in the 2010 list. I honestly think though that a decent number of movie buffs have moved on from the film since then as opposed to it growing more famous throughout the years, so I'm still confident it won't make this list.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Neither Two Towers or RotK made my list and neither did Pyscho.

Love both movies though. It was the one series that my dad and I went to the movies to see together. Never been together since.

Is it time to start predicting what's topping the list?
My money's on Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I predict that The Godfather will make it at number 1.
The who?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

It was the one series that my dad and I went to the movies to see together. Never been together since.
I repped this for the sweet part and not the sad part.

My money's on Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2.
It's awful that the Blart movies get to take up two spots on the countdown. It's clearly one story.

I predict that The Godfather will make it at number 1.
It was #1 last time, so this is a reasonable guess.

More about the tippy top films when we reach the Top 10. Won't be too long now...

I have just re-watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy over the past few days. I don't regret at all including RotK in my top 25, in fact I think I should have ranked it a little bit higher now.

These are truly great blockbuster movies, in fact, they are perhaps the best ever hollywood epic blockbuster movies ever made, they are almost perfect and easily blow out of the water the hundreds of sci-fi/fantasy epics hollywood has made in the 2 decades after the trilogy. I guess what elevates these movies above the mediocre stuff that it competes agaist is the quality of the writing that is taken from the novel, which is the most influential genre novel of all time. The special effects don't look as sharp as they looked nearly 20 years ago but the CGI in current movies look more like cartoons rather than attempts at photorealism like in the LofR's movies. They are a great example to show people what Hollywood can do if they make a real effort to make an epic movie.

It was #1 last time, so this is a reasonable guess.

More about the tippy top films when we reach the Top 10. Won't be too long now...
I think it also tends to be the main go-to pick for best film ever on lists like these.

I'm still hoping for Mall Cop to top this list though.

they are almost perfect and easily blow out of the water the hundreds of sci-fi/fantasy epics hollywood has made in the 2 decades after the trilogy.
Yeah, I really wanna amplify this point. I said something similar earlier and I really think this is the thing, right here: how many bad imitators we've had since. On one hand it can make the LOTR films feels less important, but to my mind it just makes them more impressive, seeing so many others attempt to evoke the same kind of feeling or sense of scope without the tremendous foundational work Jackson and Company did, and failing at it so badly.