Top 5 Worst Movies You Have Sat Through

Tools    

I loved After Earth, I thought it was a pretty fresh and original indie film. Not seen any of the others, I try to avoid watching bad films
An indie? Are we speaking about same movie, mate? If I am not wrong Shyamalan's movie was a big production. Anyways, I don't fault the idea, but the execution was terrible.

I'm one of the few people that liked "1941". Ned Beatty with the cannon was funny as all get out. The ferris wheel scene. Also, The dance hall brawl was a brilliant work of choreography.

OMG, I thought Arlington Road was excellent...different strokes I guess
I know a lot of people like it, but I found it to be a hacky and unpleasant attempt to ride the twist ending coattails of better movies like The Usual Suspects.

An indie? Are we speaking about same movie, mate? If I am not wrong Shyamalan's movie was a big production. Anyways, I don't fault the idea, but the execution was terrible.
Whoops, my mistake...I was thinking of Another Earth. Haven't seen the Shyamalan one.

The soundtrack to baby Driver is awesome.

Totally agree regarding the score to Baby Driver...there are actually scenes in the movie where the music is directly coordinated to the action on the screen. God, I loved that movie.

I loved After Earth, I thought it was a pretty fresh and original indie film. Not seen any of the others, I try to avoid watching bad films

Another thumbs up for Another Earth...Citizen is the one who turned me on to it.

1. Joy Luck Club
2. Holy Motors
3. Trog
4. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
5. A Dog's Purpose

HM - The Day After Tomorrow
Aw, I really like the Joy Luck Club - one of my few favorite chick flicks! Great ,movie!

Serena (I can't stand Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, only watched it because of the director Susanne Bier)
The Poseidon Adventure
80's Cheesy Horror films
99% of the comedy films out there.
Are you talking about The Poseidon Adventure remake or original, MG?

I have a certain love for the original - first because it traumatized me as a kid.
The irony is that it seemed too realistic for me as a child, but now it's got a cliched schlockyness to it that almost makes it "so bad, it's good!"

Are you talking about The Poseidon Adventure remake or original, MG?

I have a certain love for the original - first because it traumatized me as a kid.
The irony is that it seemed too realistic for me as a child, but now it's got a cliched schlockyness to it that almost makes it "so bad, it's good!"
The 1972 version.

The 1972 version.
The over-acting is tremendous!

Plus, you've got the gruff former cop played by Ernest Borgnine (who is both the jerk of the movie, but also a reluctant hero) who is married to a former hooker with a heart of gold played by the lovely Stella Stevens! It can't get any less cliched than that!

The original was really the progenitor of the disaster movie genre that rocked the 70's!

The trick is not minding
The over-acting is tremendous!

Plus, you've got the gruff former cop played by Ernest Borgnine (who is both the jerk of the movie, but also a reluctant hero) who is married to a former hooker with a heart of gold played by the lovely Stella Stevens! It can't get any less cliched than that!

The original was really the progenitor of the disaster movie genre that rocked the 70's!
Technically Airport started that brief genre in 1970.

Technically Airport started that brief genre in 1970.
Yeah, I was thinking that too... but the Airport movies were so popular that they became kind of their own specific sub-genre of the "Disaster Movie."

So, to fix it, I'll say The Poseidon Adventure was the progenitor of the Irwin Allen disaster movie craze that rocked the 70's!

(Oh wait, now I just looked it up and see he didn't make Earthquake (1974) - I had always thought he was behind that one too! So Irwin was only behind a couple notable disaster movies of the 70's when I was thinking he was something of the disaster movie King!)

I do hate the Airport films as well. I remember watching them with my parents. Maybe this is why I'm not fond of many 70s films

The trick is not minding
Yeah, I was thinking that too... but the Airport movies were so popular that they became kind of their own specific sub-genre of the "Disaster Movie."

So, to fix it, I'll say The Poseidon Adventure was the progenitor of the Irwin Allen disaster movie craze that rocked the 70's!

(Oh wait, now I just looked it up and see he didn't make Earthquake (1974) - I had always thought he was behind that one too! So Irwin was only behind a couple notable disaster movies of the 70's when I was thinking he was something of the disaster movie King!)
I remember when The disaster genre had a resurgence during the 90’s, with Twister, Armageddon, Deep Impacy, Volcano, Another volcano movie with Pierce Brosnan that escapes me, and Titanic. It’s had a few more here and there as well. Maybe I should do a Disaster marathon sometime soon? 🤔