The MoFo Top 100 of the Forties: The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Nice layout Vamp, very stylish and 40's era appropriate

I've seen both films, Body Snatcher is one of my all time favorite horror films, it's so moody and well done...with a very believable plot. It was on my short list but didn't make the final cut, but only because I have so many 40s film that I love.

I've seen, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, it's good but nowhere close to the 1931 precode classic with Fredric March and Miriam Hopkins. I do expect everyone to watch that version before I do the 1930s Countdown...well you have more than a half a year I'm guessing

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I've seen, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, it's good but nowhere close to the 1931 precode classic with Fredric March and Miriam Hopkins
How about the 1920 version?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@SilentVamp, I love the layout.

Not surprisingly, these two horror movies weren't on my list.

I haven't heard of The Body Snatcher, but any movie directed by Robert Wise, and starring Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi might be worth checking out, so I added it to my watchlist.

I've seen the 1941 version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but I thought the 1931 version was better. (However my favorite version is the Broadway musical version starring David Hasselhoff.)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, the first two of our 100 are both from Robert Louis Stevenson stories. They weren't on my list but they're both watchable. Karloff and Lugosi were in eight movies together, and this is as entertaining as any. My fave scene Jekyll/Hyde is below.

A solid enough start - seen both, neither were on my list though

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
the more I look at The Body Snatcher the more I want to find it. Sadly, coming up bumpkis, but not stopping the search though

and gotta echo CR about the great format on page 1 - really ideal for the decade!

doing so I realized I never mentioned another 1 pointer I've seen and give proper credit to: Angel and the Badman. A really good western that I had only finally seen in the past year or so. Glad to see someone voting for that one.

Faildictions incoming....

98. My Favourite Brunette
97. Dragonwyck

I would love for Dragonwyck to sneak in, but I doubt it will.
I doubt it too. But it's a decent film and I'd be happy to see it get a spot on the countdown.

haven't seen My Favorite Brunette and hopefully Dragonwyck shows up a little higher, but worthy faildictions
Gene Tierney is the patron saint of MoFo

Im kinda dissapointed that my first film from my list Angel and The Badman was only on a 1 pointers list. BUt John Wayne had allot of movies in the 40s 50s and 60s. But then again Angel and The Badman was my 25th film and almost didnt make the list but did the last minute.

Im kinda dissapointed that my first film from my list Angel and The Badman was only on a 1 pointers list. BUt John Wayne had allot of movies in the 40s 50s and 60s. But then again Angel and The Badman was my 25th film and almost didnt make the list but did the last minute.
If it makes you feel any better I really like Angel and The Badman

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
It's always fun to get on the one pointer list, it's an added bonus for that special film that everyone else either missed out on or couldn't fit in and it gets a little extra notice this way.
Which is why I went with Arch of Time, which I watched just before handing mine in.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Well, the first two of our 100 are both from Robert Louis Stevenson stories.
I thought that was an interesting little fact when I first realized that they were going to be the first two named.

Im kinda dissapointed that my first film from my list Angel and The Badman was only on a 1 pointers list.
At least by being a one-pointer it gets to be mentioned honorably. Look at all of the films that won't get mentioned at all. I think it is a good thing to make that list.

It's always fun to get on the one pointer list, it's an added bonus for that special film that everyone else either missed out on or couldn't fit in and it gets a little extra notice this way.
Which is why I went with Arch of Time, which I watched just before handing mine in.
Arch of Time?!

Alright. I will get the next set posted in just a bit.