The "It" remake

Tools    

On another forum years ago a poster mentioned some scratching noises that woke her up. I gave a long story about Captain Spaulding living in her crawl space and coming out at night while she slept to sniff her hair. Gave her night terrors for weeks. Oops.

No not I. I dont wear that much makeup.
-But you do look like a disgusting fat middle-aged man?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
-But you do look like a disgusting fat middle-aged man?
LMAO. Lemme go check. Back soooon.

sorry, couldn't help it! still love ya, Dani! No matter how you might look
Ha. I took it in the spirit it was intended, MM

I will say, however, that this morning my clown hair is looking rather demented so you might be onto something. Thank god I have a hat fetish so I dont frighten little children.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I think we should have Captain Spaulding, Pennywise, and these boys team up (the clowns from Clowntown) as the ultimate clown-crossover horror film LOL

I think we should have Captain Spaulding, Pennywise, and these boys team up (the clowns from Clowntown) as the ultimate clown-crossover horror film LOL
Horrible ratings and scathing reviews. But it's called Clowntown, so how can I pass this up?

Really enjoyed it, cinema was buzzing, lots of scares accompanied by nervous laughter by a lot of people. 3 guys up and left about 45 minutes in, I don't think they weren't crying though

i'm trying to watch IT in preparation for the reboot. That's a fail. Cannot get through it. Thank god tv has improved since then.

i'm trying to watch IT in preparation for the reboot. That's a fail. Cannot get through it. Thank god tv has improved since then.
What's wrong with it? Tim Curry vs. John Ritter. How is this not gold? I've never seen it. Being 17 and hearing the term "tv movie" kept me away. But now, as an adult, I wanna know; why does it suck?

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/it...ay-1202551182/

This is great news. It's always nice to see a Horror film do well.
I love all of their sub-categories...highest grossing film...for an R rating...on a Thursday night...for a Stephen King adaption...haha..all those squares!

What's wrong with it? Tim Curry vs. John Ritter. How is this not gold? I've never seen it. Being 17 and hearing the term "tv movie" kept me away. But now, as an adult, I wanna know; why does it suck?
It sucks donkeys balls big time. Curry is great, Ritter has only had a few seconds of screen time so far, the kids STINK, the script is woeful, and holy crap I had no idea how much child abuse there was. 3 attempts so far. Not sure if I can attempt another.

It sucks donkeys balls big time. Curry is great, Ritter has only had a few seconds of screen time so far, the kids STINK, the script is woeful, and holy crap I had no idea how much child abuse there was. 3 attempts so far. Not sure if I can attempt another.
I wish Ritter hadn't died. H estarted to get roles in indie flicks like Slingblade. He had potential way past his gay neighbor character. Now if I go and see the 1990's "It" on some questionable internet link, will I be disappointed? I want to know specifics as to why it sucks.

I wish Ritter hadn't died. H estarted to get roles in indie flicks like Slingblade. He had potential way past his gay neighbor character. Now if I go and see the 1990's "It" on some questionable internet link, will I be disappointed? I want to know specifics as to why it sucks.
Yeah he was still so young too.

OK so you want me to torture myself. Like this place hasnt been enough torture of late. OK just this one time I will tie myself to the lounge with my eyes prised open just for you, but dont ask me to do it again!
Back soon.

It's very very dated and cheap looking.

I agree IT isn't very good, though I can't agree at all that the kids stink; the kids were great, ironically enough it was the adult cast (Curry excepted) who stank the place up IMHO...

I agree IT isn't very good, though I can't agree at all that the kids stink; the kids were great, ironically enough it was the adult cast (Curry excepted) who stank the place up IMHO...
The father who bashed his daughter around is absolutely appalling so yes I do agree with you.

Curry was fantastic. I thought the kid actors did a great job. The first half was fine. But the second half...well, even though the actors were decent actors, they mostly did a suck-egg job. Unfortunately for me, bless his soul, I thought John Ritter was horrible in his role. Especially when he was bragging about being tough now that he was grown up and fit. I didn't like Dennis Christopher in this, although I consider him a fine actor. I thought Harry Anderson was miscast in it. The only ones I liked were Annette O'Toole (gotten mention the hot red-haired woman first!), Richard Thomas (although he was only okay here) and Tim Reid. And, in the second half, Tim Curry was great again. Olivia Hussey had a smallish role as Richard Thomas' wife, and the ending was too sped up. The
WARNING: spoilers below
confrontation of the adults finally defeating IT for good, was horrible. The effects were horrible (even for 1990), especially when IT reveals itself in its real form and it's supposed to be some sort of giant spider, per King's novel, albeit an ancient alien spider. It was stop-motion and fake-looking in the extreme. And it's gigantic at first, then all of a sudden it's human size, with no explanation, and the adults just push it over real easily and beat it to mush. Just not thought out and really rushed. A big disappointment.

Even though I admire the actors that were in the second half, I hope the filmmakers for the current duology will take their time and hire excellent actors that are right for the parts instead of TV sitcom actors, as fine in their respective shows as they were.