What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

I bought FWWM because I just could not pass on Criterion Blu-Ray version of a movie I really like.

As far as Donnie Darko, I also really like the movie and I heard really good things about the Blu-Ray set.

One of my most favorite documentaries ever.

Never seen even a minute of Twin Peaks so hoping I am going to enjoy this.

You serious or are you joking?

You could have done a simply Google search then. But anyways, it's a sound format. Dolby Atmos. I reckon you've heard of Dolby? And DTS? Anyways, Dolby Atmos is a multichannel surround mixing process that adds sound above the listener as well and not just around you, like a typical 5.1 surround. DTS got their own competitor to Atmos too, called DTS:X ...

Anyways 9/10 movies coming out these days are mixed in this format - or at least all the big movies.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Got this brand new for $12.

because Bruce Campbell kicks ass and it's the best Elvis based movie around.

You serious or are you joking?

You could have done a simply Google search then. But anyways, it's a sound format. Dolby Atmos. I reckon you've heard of Dolby? And DTS? Anyways, Dolby Atmos is a multichannel surround mixing process that adds sound above the listener as well and not just around you, like a typical 5.1 surround. DTS got their own competitor to Atmos too, called DTS:X ...
Well, excuse me for not knowing what Atmos is. Guess I am unsophisticated compared to you. And, yes, I could have Googled it, but, silly me, I thought we were in a chat forum.

Well, excuse me for not knowing what Atmos is. Guess I am unsophisticated compared to you. And, yes, I could have Googled it, but, silly me, I thought we were in a chat forum.
I didn't put a laugh-smiley or anything or tried to mock you. I just legitimately asked if you were joking or serious, because you never know with these trolls...

If you don't know what Atmos is, fine, but I would say that called for a google search rather than a question. It's a discussion forum, I would say the chat area is in the shout box... Anyways, no need to be uptight about it and throw sarcasm shade at me.

It's a discussion forum, I would say the chat area is in the shout box... Anyways, no need to be uptight about it and throw sarcasm shade at me.
If anyone was uptight, it was you. Too bad we can't ask questions for fear of being ridiculed. Chat/discussion - who cares?

Recently bought Patton. It was the 40th anniversary edition and it was on sale for $5. I couldn't pass it up. Such a good movie!

$44 on ebay, brand new. I've always liked My Dinner with Andre, recently enjoyed A Master Builder (Jonathan Demme) and it's unusual mixture of 60 fps and 24 fps digital cinematography..and never saw Vanya so..I spoiled myself with the 3 pack. Gregory and Shawn always concentrate on the interesting aspects of theater. Self aware commentary on the craft fused with some obnoxious humor and disturbing themes. Or something like that anyway...

^ Just got that film through today, missed it at the cinema so can't wait to see it.

Also bought in the last few days, all blu-ray apart from the last two:

Free Fire
Let Me Make You A Martyr
Get The Girl
Boys In The Trees
Her Name Is Sabine
Veep
(series 1)