Make your confession to your fellow MoFos

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I was born in 1982, and have never liked a band or artist who started after I was born. And only a few movies..

I also have never saw a Bond movie, Superhero stuff, don't plan on it... I also don't care for sci-fi, mysteries, capers, shooting scenes, car chases, long love scenes, sensationalism.

Although most stand up comedians cite Richard Pryor as their biggest influence, I believe Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, and Eddie Murphy are far more superior stand up comedians than Pryor.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Although most stand up comedians cite Richard Pryor as their biggest influence, I believe Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, and Eddie Murphy are far more superior stand up comedians than Pryor.
Richard Pryor is very like-able, but out of that group, I like Chappelle the most. Saw him twice, met him after the show once.

My favorite "comedians" are Mort Sahl, Bill Hicks, George Carlin.

Richard Pryor is very like-able, but out of that group, I like Chappelle the most. Saw him twice, met him after the show once.

My favorite "comedians" are Mort Sahl, Bill Hicks, George Carlin.
I love Richard Pryor! But unlike most of his fans, I like him more in movies than in stand-up. I just find those other guys funnier at the mic than him.

I'm so annoyed by people staring at their phones constantly.. Especially while driving! I fear society is already zombie-like, and it's not just the US... Nobody here of course

I'm real annoyed with laziness... People (no one here) seem to want to have success without putting any work.

hmm...just have to say that you're looking at Richard Pryor's comedy decades after it was made. When I first saw him (actually correction I first heard him on vinyl, I didn't see him till years after) back in the mid 70s he was revolutionary. I'd never heard anything in the UK like him. We used to play that LP to everyone who came round our house, he was so damn funny. Irreplaceable guy.

I think a couple of Pryor's specials are on Netflix. I should check him out. I have never seen any of his stuff.

I genuinely enjoy more films by Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich each (2 a piece) then Quentin Tarantino.
Come on Slinger. You are one of my faves, don't ruin it.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
hmm...just have to say that you're looking at Richard Pryor's comedy decades after it was made. When I first saw him (actually correction I first heard him on vinyl, I didn't see him till years after) back in the mid 70s he was revolutionary. I'd never heard anything in the UK like him. We used to play that LP to everyone who came round our house, he was so damn funny. Irreplaceable guy.

Ok, and to an extent I can agree, but who's to say that because of your fond memories you're not just being nostalgic about him, and that's going to put you on bias, as is my for my preference of comedians I grew up with. And sure he was revolutionary and helped create a groundwork for stand-up but I personally think a guy like Lenny Bruce did more for Stand-up, and was a big influence on Pryor. Lenny Bruce even had multiple arrests for obscenity during his shows, and was just a class act in general.

However I believe George Carlin to have made the greatest overall contribution to stand-up though, his body of work is immaculate. One of my favourite comedians of all time though is this gentleman.

I genuinely enjoy more films by Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich each (2 a piece) then Quentin Tarantino.

The biggest confession yet

Come on Slinger. You are one of my faves, don't ruin it.

The biggest confession yet
I will double down.

Michael Bay movies I genuinely like (Bad Boys I & II don't count, they are guilty pleasures)

The Rock
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

Emmerich

Independence Day
Universal Soldier

QT (and I don't mean my favorite gas station chain)

4 Rooms was kinda good. But the last segment was dull