Suggest me a movie.

Tools    

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Hi guys,yea another suggest me a movie thread...I think you know what kind of movies I like so give me your opinions,suggest...Thrillers,Action(not mindless),Mystery...Maybe combination of more genres or not it dosent matter just give me that atmosphere I like...Thanks guys.

Here are some dramas for you to get through.

Felon (2008)
Gone Baby Gone (2007)
The Crying Game (1992)
Anatomy of Murder (1959)
The Grapes of Wrath (1940)
Tokyo Story (1953)
The Taste of Others (2000)
Repulsion (1960)
The Maltese Falcon (1941)

Some of these are a little random Khan, just my best guess for you-

Crimson Tide
True Lies
The Hidden
Cliffhanger
Predator
Total Recall(1990)
The Terminator*
RoboCop
Primal Fear
Speed
Die Hard
Strange Days

Here are some dramas for you to get through.

Felon (2008)
Gone Baby Gone (2007)
The Crying Game (1992)
Anatomy of Murder (1959)
The Grapes of Wrath (1940)
Tokyo Story (1953)
The Taste of Others (2000)
Repulsion (1960)
The Maltese Falcon (1941)
I watched almost every movie in that list ...I didn't watch only Tokyo Story,The Grapes of Wrath and The Maltese Falcon...Thanks.

Some of these are a little random Khan, just my best guess for you-

Crimson Tide
True Lies
The Hidden
Cliffhanger
Predator
Total Recall(1990)
The Terminator*
RoboCop
Primal Fear
Speed
Die Hard
Strange Days
Nice list some awesome classics that I watched and some of them I heard about,Ill add few of them to my watch list.Thanks

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
The Debt

Inside Man

State of Play

The Ghost Writer

Unknown

Arlington Road

The Manchurian Candidate

Barton Fink
Eyes Wide Shut
The Fifth Element
Blue Velvet
Children of Men
Dial M for Murder
In Bruges
Lost Highway
Jacob's Ladder
M
Double Indemnity
North by Northwest
Signs
Blow Out
City of God
The Fugitive
End of Watch
The Conversation

off the top of my head.

You should watch :

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones
Ride Along
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
The Nut Job
The Legend of Hercules
Devil's Due

Enjoy

If you like mystery Hitchcock's film are a great place to start:

- Vertigo (1958)
- Rear Window (1954)
- North by Northwest (1959)
- The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
- Strangers on a Train (1951)
- Dial M For Murder (1954)

The already proposed film The Maltese Falcon is a wonderful detective starring Humphrey Bogard and it's not hard to come by, a really good recommendation.

A personal favorite of mine is the comedy Dr. Strangelove: How I Stopped Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) by Stanley Kubrick, perhaps the best comedy ever made in my book.

Also a lesser known Weimar film, Pabst's The Love of Jeanne Ney/Die Liebe der Jeanne Ney (1927) starring the beatiful and amazing actress Brigitte Helm (better known for her role in Fritz Lang's Metropolis (1927)) is a hidden gem, definitely worth viewing. I believe (not sure) the copyright on it has expired and can probably be found online without too much effort.

Thanks for posting links.I watched Identity,Headhunters and The Game...I picked Triangle for tonight...Don't worry guys Ill watch at least one-two movies from every list.

Finished here. It's been fun.
You should definitely check out Rosemary's Baby and Barton Fink Khan. I noticed that The Shining entered your top 10. Both of these films are similar in a way, due to their dark atmospheres,palpable suspense, and sense of dread and eeriness. Both of these films get
from me.

You should definitely check out Rosemary's Baby and Barton Fink Khan. I noticed that The Shining entered your top 10. Both of these films are similar in a way, due to their dark atmospheres,palpable suspense, and sense of dread and eeriness. Both of these films get
from me.
I will check them out,yea The Shining is really kind of movie I like.

Depends what your kind of movie is- but I would suggest Last Vegas- just awesome

Depends what your kind of movie is- but I would suggest Last Vegas- just awesome
Check out my top ten movie list and you will see what kind of movies I like ...Thanks for suggestion.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Some great recommendations mentioned.. Out of those, I would definitely pick (in order)

-The Grapes of Wrath
-The Conversation
-M

If you want mystery/suspense, "The Blue Dahlia" is a great one. The movie "Buffalo '66" is suspenseful indie - this guy gets out of jail and is planning on visiting his parents who thinks he's married and works for the government, so he kidnaps a girl! Very original movie.

I'm new to this forum so I ain't familiar with your taste in films, OP. Perhaps a few examples of films that fit your prefered criteria?

Some great shouts in the thread already. Buffalo '66 is a fantastic off-beat romance flick with an element of suspense and the main characters are charmful. Eyes Wide Shut IMO is Kubrick's best movie but the pacing makes it an acquired taste. At it's peak moment the brooding tension is palpable. It's all very esoteric but the overtones of infidelity and self-searching are easily understood. Blue Velvet is a classic and boasts one of the most effectively creepy antagonists in cinema history. Hitchcock's catalog is strong if you're looking for subtle horror/thrillers. Roman Polanski's too who's movies were brought up a lot by other posters.

Damn, i knew i should've just made a new thread instead of bumping an old one. Khan asked this ages ago guys, i only bumped this because i didn't see the point in making a new one it was me asking for suggestions in my last post.

Can some of you please suggest me a few recent-ish horror films, i'm in the mood for one and can't decide? By recent i mean since 2000.
Kill List, The Woman, The Loved Ones, Eden Lake, Bone Tomohawk (Western/horror), Seven Days, Inside, It Follows, May, Megan is Missing, Kidnapped, The Seasoning House, American Mary, Alyce Kills, Feed, The Collector, Calvaire, The Girl Next Door, Tusk, Excision, Wolf Creek, Triangle, Deadgirl, The Descent, The Devil's Rejects, Hostel, Cabin Fever.