I am going to watch at least one film everyday for a year...

Tools    

Lynch is so right. I thought the poster was AT LEAST meaning iPad (which is still kind of a sin, if you ask me), but seriously, a phone? I didn't even know people actually did that.

It just totally screws up the whole purpose of the medium of film. I would rather not watch a film than watch it on my freaking phone.

Lynch is so right. I thought the poster was AT LEAST meaning iPad (which is still kind of a sin, if you ask me), but seriously, a phone? I didn't even know people actually did that.

It just totally screws up the whole purpose of the medium of film. I would rather not watch a film than watch it on my freaking phone.
I admit I have watched films on my phone before, but only in rare occasions where I have no option to watch a movie on a TV or even a laptop.The big time I did it was during a detail I did for a month where I guarded a building on post. We had 12 hour shifts 6 days a week. We had a shift during the weekend and I worked from 4 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon. And on Saturday NO ONE was there. So I literally watched movies I rented from iTunes on my phone for 12 hours. It was actually the highlight of my work week then.

But even then it is NOT my preferred method to watch a movie, and is done only out of desperation.

I admit I have watched films on my phone before, but only in rare occasions where I have no option to watch a movie on a TV or even a laptop.The big time I did it was during a detail I did for a month where I guarded a building on post. We had 12 hour shifts 6 days a week. We had a shift during the weekend and I worked from 4 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon. And on Saturday NO ONE was there. So I literally watched movies I rented from iTunes on my phone for 12 hours. It was actually the highlight of my work week then.

But even then it is NOT my preferred method to watch a movie, and is done only out of desperation.
You should've read books.

I couldn't bring myself to watch a film for the first time on a phone (except perhaps when I know it's going to be pure crap, but even then I would feel bad). The whole experience of the film would be lost.

I understand your excuse of desperation, though. You had no choice. You needed entertainment during those boring hours.

You should've read books.

I couldn't bring myself to watch a film for the first time on a phone (except perhaps when I know it's going to be pure crap, but even then I would feel bad). The whole experience of the film would be lost.

I understand your excuse of desperation, though. You had no choice. You needed entertainment during those boring hours.
I did watch a few film I watched via the phone I wanted to watch again through traditional means. Fritz's Lang's M most of all. But trying to watch say... The Dark Knight on my phone? It does ruin the experience.

I just have to take the opportunity to post this

Haha, that was pretty funny. I guess it's pretty true though it's just I'll have no other option whilst I'm out there. I usually watch my films through my TV.

When I'm in school break (like now) I watch 1 or 2 movie a day, but when I'm at school it's like 3,4 a week.

I don't know,I watched some Futurama episodes on my Phone and it felt the same like watching them on TV and laptop.I think it really depends on the film and even under what circumstances you watch it.When you're watching like Kubrick's 2001 on the bus with your phone,then it's really bad.

4th January 2014

Daddy Day Care (2003) - okay, I have seen this film before but it was a very long time ago. I hardly remembered the movie apart from a few little things like the toilet scene. It's an okay film but it tried a little to hard to be funny at times. I didn't laugh at many of the jokes and many of the characters weren't realistic. However, I did somewhat enjoy the film at times and it did manage to make me smile.
My Rating: 4/10

The Jazz Singer (1980) - I would never normally watch this film but my parents insisted the film was great. They both like Neil Diamond a lot so I think it does kind of influence them to like the film more. It was an alright film I'll give it that but I did find it hard to find interest in it at times. I liked the ending and the story is interesting at times. This is probably a personal thing though. If you like Neil Diamond or can relate to the story you will probably like it more.
My Rating: 6/10

Films watched - 04/01/2014

Die Hard: With a Vengeance
(1995)

Classic, Bruce Willis, popcorn action entertainment.

8/10

Falling Down (1993)

I hadn't watched this in years, one of Micheal Douglas's best performances, and one of my all time favourite dramas.

8/10

Films watched - 04/01/2014

Die Hard: With a Vengeance
(1995)

Classic, Bruce Willis, popcorn action entertainment.

8/10
If you're watching this on BBC3, it hasn't finished yet! I've got it on in the background too, and you're right, it's a good popcorn/entertainment film, second best behind the original for me, although that's not saying much when I haven't seen the second, I really don't like the fourth and hate the fifth

If you're watching this on BBC3, it hasn't finished yet! I've got it on in the background too, and you're right, it's a good popcorn/entertainment film, second best behind the original for me, although that's not saying much when I haven't seen the second, I really don't like the fourth and hate the fifth
Correct. I'm watching it on BBC 3. I watched Falling Down earlier on.

Correct. I'm watching it on BBC 3. I watched Falling Down earlier on.
Nice one, yeh my step-dad put it (DH3) on as it's one of his favourites, watching it in the background as I am on this and I've seen it before

Also, I was mean to reply to Rhys the other day: Nice to see you enjoyed The Raid, not seen it yet myself but heard good stuff and it's by a Welsh director!

Yeah. That's the way. A screen, no matter how small, is still good enough if you can watch the images with a decent level of definition. The main problem would be interference like the sound of a bus (as a previous poster commented).

The Jazz Singer (1980) - I would never normally watch this film but my parents insisted the film was great. They both like Neil Diamond a lot so I think it does kind of influence them to like the film more. It was an alright film I'll give it that but I did find it hard to find interest in it at times. I liked the ending and the story is interesting at times. This is probably a personal thing though. If you like Neil Diamond or can relate to the story you will probably like it more.
My Rating: 6/10

Nice one, yeh my step-dad put it (DH3) on as it's one of his favourites, watching it in the background as I am on this and I've seen it before

Also, I was mean to reply to Rhys the other day: Nice to see you enjoyed The Raid, not seen it yet myself but heard good stuff and it's by a Welsh director!
Yeah, you should definitely watch it when you get the chance. It's brilliant.

I'm not Welsh though by the way. I know my name is the Welsh spelling. Haha.

Yeah. That's the way. A screen, no matter how small, is still good enough if you can watch the images with a decent level of definition. The main problem would be interference like the sound of a bus (as a previous poster commented).
Well I had headphones so that was not an issue.

5th January 2014

The Expendables (2010) - many brilliant actors, cool effects, awesome gore and lots of explosions. The Expendables should be up there with the best action movies of all time right? No. This film was hard to get through because the plot was ridiculous and the movie was VERY unrealistic. It was just an extremely stupid film. Personally I'd say it's not really worth the watch.
My Rating: 4/10

The Dark Knight (2008) - well, I finally found the need to watch this film. I'm not a fan of superhero type movies and haven't seen many of them but I enjoyed the Dark Knight even though it was a little long and wasn't always full of action. It's clearly a very well made film and has done very well for itself being rated the sixth best film of all time on IMDb and the best film so far of this millenium. But I don't agree with this fully. Yes, it's a great film but not one of the greatest films of all time. It's definitely worth a watch if you get the time however.
My Rating:7/10