Rank The Indiana Jones Movies

Tools    

Anyone that doesn't rank Crystal Skull last should be banned. And obviously Temple of Doom should be third, but if not it's not quite ban-worthy. The other two can be ranked first and second in whichever order suits the ranker.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

You're being plain rude, there's no need for it. I happen to like all of the Indy films and while my ranking may not be common among some sects of fans, all opinions are respected and welcomed.

Why does everyone hate KOTCS is it because they find it ridiculous that he is that old running around? I dont rate it as high as the others but do disregard it altogether seems a little harsh. It is still an entertaining adventure movie props to Steven Spielberg for coming up with an idea about aliens and putting indy in the middle of it. The 60s was a big time when the whole alien invasion and area 52 had come about so he incorporated that with the story. Some could say the biblical stories in the first 3 were ludacris, I dont know I find them all interesting and could watch them again several times.

1. Crusade
2. Raiders
3. Doom
4. Skull

Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

You're being plain rude, there's no need for it. I happen to like all of the Indy films and while my ranking may not be common among some sects of fans, all opinions are respected and welcomed.
Banned! Opinions are not to be respected if they are wrong.

Why does everyone hate KOTCS is it because they find it ridiculous that he is that old running around? I dont rate it as high as the others but do disregard it altogether seems a little harsh. It is still an entertaining adventure movie props to Steven Spielberg for coming up with an idea about aliens and putting indy in the middle of it. The 60s was a big time when the whole alien invasion and area 52 had come about so he incorporated that with the story. Some could say the biblical stories in the first 3 were ludacris, I dont know I find them all interesting and could watch them again several times.

1. Crusade
2. Raiders
3. Doom
4. Skull

Spielberg didn't want to do aliens. He also hated George Lucas' script.

Lucas then changed the "aliens" to "interdimensional beings" which Spielberg still hated because basically, they were still aliens, just with a different name.

Most people hate Skulls because of the same reasons as Spielberg.
Also, Indy isn't a sci-fi franchise... even though Lucas wanted to turn it into one.

What is it with Lucas and science fiction?

Indy is an old-school fantasy adventure series. Olde legends like the Cup Of Christ and The Arc and olde spooky stuff like Kali.

Bringing aliens and flying saucers into the mix is Sacrilege to what the tone of the Indiana Jones series stood for.

Banned! Opinions are not to be respected if they are wrong.

So just because my opinion is a little unconventional I'm wrong and worthy of a ban. Nice

Yup... I think everyone should be banned...

My opinion is better than everyone else's.

But then again, that just like, my opinion, man.

Spielberg didn't want to do aliens. He also hated George Lucas' script.

Lucas then changed the "aliens" to "interdimensional beings" which Spielberg still hated because basically, they were still aliens, just with a different name.

Most people hate Skulls because of the same reasons as Spielberg.
Also, Indy isn't a sci-fi franchise... even though Lucas wanted to turn it into one.

What is it with Lucas and science fiction?

Indy is an old-school fantasy adventure series. Olde legends like the Cup Of Christ and The Arc and olde spooky stuff like Kali.

Bringing aliens and flying saucers into the mix is Sacrilege to what the tone of the Indiana Jones series stood for.

I initially didn't like the mixture of aliens in the film but overtime I grew to like it. Considering the film was set in the 50s, I think it made sense for the storyline to be more Sci-Fi.

I feel the same way. Initially I didn't like the more Sci-Fi storyline KOTCS had but I've grown to like it a lot. I think it made for something fresh and creative for the series and given the year it took place it made perfect sense to me. I honestly think looking back I would've been disappointed if it didn't involve aliens, since it fit the time setting.

Exactly! It didn't feel like Indiana Jones!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom #1

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade #2

Raiders of the Lost Ark #3

Crystal Skulls -9000

Well it wasn't so much the aliens as it was about the Crystal Skull itself, which is an alien artifact and has it's roots in archaeaology.

If they had made the Skull have some sort of Black Magic spell on it from an Incan priest, that would have worked... like Kali Black Magic in Temple, and the magic of the Ark in Raiders etc...

... but Alie... sorry Interdimensional Beings... and Flying Saucers... with super technology? Nah. Not for me.

CG monkeys swinging through the trees with Mutt was lost on me too.
Shieiaieaeia Lebeouooeueoeueeouf was lost on me as well. He was awful.

The character of Mutt was a bit hit and miss too. "Indiana" was Henry Jones Jr' dog's name... and it just so happens that his son, who doesn't actually know him, calls himself "Mutt"...

Just a little bit twee really.

Did anyone else notice the reused music from Spielberg's War Of The Worlds in Indy Skulls?

Kinda like Spielberg didn't care what music was used.

Raider of the Lost Ark
The Last Crusade
Temple of Doom

Crystal Skull (garbage in my opinion)

If they had made the Skull have some sort of Black Magic spell on it from an Incan priest, that would have worked... like Kali Black Magic in Temple, and the magic of the Ark in Raiders etc...

... but Alie... sorry Interdimensional Beings... and Flying Saucers... with super technology? Nah. Not for me.

CG monkeys swinging through the trees with Mutt was lost on me too.
Shieiaieaeia Lebeouooeueoeueeouf was lost on me as well. He was awful.

The character of Mutt was a bit hit and miss too. "Indiana" was Henry Jones Jr' dog's name... and it just so happens that his son, who doesn't actually know him, calls himself "Mutt"...

Just a little bit twee really.

I won't deny the silliness of the swinging monkeys and I thought the whole flying saucer sequence was a bit much, but most of the rest of the film I quite like. But I also think the character of Oxley probably should've been deleted from the film since he was pretty useless and just taking up room.

Just wondering if they remade indy 4 what would everyone suggest it be about, if choosing to do some major artifact that was significant in history which would you choose. I mean Temple of Doom wasnt about a major artifact but more of a cult. I think it would be stale if they did another cult story though.

Either something to do with an ancient artifact in the pyramids.

Or...

Kongō... Japanese mountain god Kōya-no-Myōjin had a trident shaped staff that grants absolute wisom, insight and knowledge to anyone who possesses it.

Either something to do with an ancient artifact in the pyramids.

Or...

Kongō... Japanese mountain god Kōya-no-Myōjin had a trident shaped staff that grants absolute wisom, insight and knowledge to anyone who possesses it.

Would you have the Japanese after him/artifact as the Japanese were mostly WWII as were the Nazis, you would still have to explain indy's age. If you decide to keep the russians (cold war era) why would they be after it? Who would be a big enough russian figure to steal this like the Nazi's were doing for hitler.