ROCK v/s TECHNO

Tools    

MIL
For any strong visuals in a movie/animated series/games," music" is the the key factor that determines the mood & attitude of that particular part of the story.

For ages Rock has ruled the "power" shots & now Techno/Rave is coming in.

Although there are people who will support only Rock I personally love Techno as well which can drives some great visuals.

So what say Rock or Techno?

And this is my BOOMstick!
Techno is anime's twin brother. Therefore evil.

Rock on baby!

I've always enjoyed techno but don't really know any of the artists... I find it to be a bit overused in films as of late, but that could be just me.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Originally Posted by Nitzer
Techno is anime's twin brother. Therefore evil.

Rock on baby!
I concur.

Down with techno. I make better noises in my sleep.

i don't really mind, as long as they don't really play it all of the time. It's enjoyable when it's in connection with the scene.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by The Blister Exists
i don't really mind, as long as they don't really play it all of the time. It's enjoyable when it's in connection with the scene.
Yeah, I agree with that and if the music fits the mood and setting for the film. For example, it would make no sense at all to play Enter Sandman during the final battle between Luke and Vader.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
\m/ Rock \m/

Techno kinda gives me a headache.

Long live orchestras!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I prefer rock on radio, techno in any action scene in the movies, I take that back...

Techno for martial/swordplay fight scenes in movies

Rock for driving or gunfights

Randomly visiting for now
Rock music rules over Techno in so many ways. You can feel the passion of the singers and a single song in the words of Jack Black can "Change the world".

A system of cells interlinked
Ya, I* have heard that lame statement before, that techno has no feeling or soul, but it just isn't true.

I actually love both genres. I was brought up on music like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Rush, Yes, Styx, Jethro Tull etc... so I have genuine appreciation and a love for music with a message that was brought about by the chemistry between a number of humans playing instuments. I have played guitar, bass and drums since I was 5 (1976), and I truely love the music that I grew up with and many of the metal and rock acts around today such as Radiohead, Porcupine Tree, and Tool.

However, Techno is about listening and feeling music differently (for me anyway). With rock, a person needs a certain amount of cognitive awareness to really appreciate the music, or in other words, a body needs to focus on the music somewhat to really get into it. People still sort of "space out" while listening to rock and drift with the music, but one is still aware of lyrics and guitar solos and song names and the people who made the music and so on and so forth. With trance (a genre of techno), one can really let themselves go into a meditative state, caused by the repetitive rhythms and shimmering layers of sound on top of the beats, and really dig deep into the psyche. It isn't easy, but it can be achieved, and it's a great experience. It harkens back to tribal times, and the same methods have been practiced for thousands of years by buddhists and tribal communities all over the world. Some tribes still practice this today, jsut stop by a local pow-wow on the local Indian reservation to see.

Techno is about getting together with a bunch of people and getting tribal, dancing for 8 hours, working knots out of my back, and really just forgetting about the normal day in, day out. I feel great rock focuses your concious mind on important issues and feeli9ngs, put into a different light by the artists in question, where trance is about personal reflection and meditation of the subconcious, brought on by hypnotic tribal beats. Trance has ancient roots, at least the theory behind what the music does to a mind and body. It's gotta be lous though, even I get annoyed by techno that is turned down low so all one hears in tickkity tick over and over again. One must really give ones self over to (very loud) trance to experience it like it should be experienced.