The New AND Improved MoFo Top 100 Films of All-Time

→ in
Tools    

Hey everybody, sorry for the long wait for the highly anticipated newest list for Movie Forums' Top 100 Films of All-Time. I guess the advantage of taking a while to post a list is that I gained A LOT of lists from new members and pulled some from new Top 100 threads. I received exactly 14 more lists this year than BobbyB used for last year's list.

I really enjoyed making this list, even though I would cringe when I would see some films move ahead others and so forth, and it was fun putting in my list last so I could see my favorites move up the overall list. But I promise I copied the list fair.

My system of scoring was for every movie that was ranked 1st recieved 25 points, 2nd received 24 points and so on...... The value of the ranking ended up being very important and some films that got chosen often but were too low on user's list missed out on the Top 100. So the importance of the ranks were crucial. It'll be interesting to compare the list from last year and this year.

Thanks for all the lists, and a thanks to Caitlyn for helping recruit lists and helping me organize this.

But yeah, before I begin presenting the list as interesting as possible... any questions or comments?

Starring (in no particular order):

rauldc14
Fiscal
Aniko
Dexter Riley
Golgot
B-card
genesis_pig
The Prestige
Harry Lime
n3wt
TheMightyCelestial
L.B. Jeffries
honeykid
Classicqueen13
Yoda
sarah f
mark f
Luumu
Cries&Whispers
FILMFREAK087
Darkrose
adepter
Miss Vicky
Tacitus
monkeypunch
meatwadsprite
Project Steel
TheUsualSuspect
The DOMINATOR
Iroquois
Plainview
SoulInside
Thursday Next
Caitlyn
Powdered Water
Mrs. Darcy
michael_10
christine
michaelcorleone
LuDiNaToR
uconjack
WBadger

100. The Crow (1994, Proyas)

Total Points Earned: 32
Compared to Previous List: 64 spots

I like how you're doing this, comparing it to the previous list and showing how much it has moved up or down is a great idea. Kudos!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

99. Mystic River (2003, Eastwood)

Total Points Earned: 33
Compared to Previous List: NEW

This is really cool, I'm looking forward to it. I wasn't around for the last list, so it will be nice to see how opinions have changed on the forums.

By the way, how was The Crow so high on the list the first time and Mystic River not even on the list?

This is indeed very cool, and I like the suspense! Take your time with it, by all means.

I also agree completely that it's going to be maddening seeing some of these. But that's how it goes. It's a living document, no doubt, and we've gotta start somewhere.

Seems like a ton of work. I thank you, Badger.

But already, the first 2 choices are quite disappoint.

I love that honeykid submitted a list for this, but never created a favorites list for his profile.

(yes, I'm going to keep hounding you about that, hk.)

I love that honeykid submitted a list for this, but never created a favorites list for his profile.

(yes, I'm going to keep hounding you about that, hk.)

True and, while I tried my best, I didn't really care too much about the placement of the films. What I put as #1 or #17 on that list, might not be the same on my finished top 100 list. In fact, I'm not 100% sure what I even put as #1 (or #17 for that matter) on this list. I could make a pretty good guess, as I'm starting to realise what my favourite film probably is, but there's still a few to watch before I put up my 100.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Glad to see that Mystic River made it. Granted it got the bulk of the points from me probably, but it is nice to see it on there.

I am going to thoroughly enjoy looking at this list.

98. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984, Spielberg)

Total Points Earned: 33
Compared to Previous List: NEW

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I haven't seen anything of Indiana Jones, but I can't say I'd be surprised if all 3 of the best ones were on it. No true surprises yet, though its early.

I don't know if it's more surprising that the Crow is on here at all or that it was in the top fifty on the previous list. even though i didn't participate now i'm pretty curious to see what else made it, that seems like a pretty good turnout as far as these things go as well.