The 6th Day

→ in
Tools    

MovieForums Extra

I saw the movie today...gotta admit that it is an interesting idea, especially in this day and age. After all, a society that accepts and embraces genetic engineering in all aspects of life is a prospect that isn't too hard to imagine (or as a matter a fact too far away). The plot itself is somewhat confusing, mainly about Arnold Schwartzenegger coming home one day to find that he was cloned and the clone was taking over his life. I don't think I've tried to work out a plot so much since the Matrix...put it this way, you'll probably be wondering about it a long time after you've left the theatre! The director (forgot his name) spends a lot of time on flashback sequences that don't really do much and end up slowing down the flow of the movie. However, on the whole, it's a watchable movie and earns a 7.5/10 on my scale.

Really? I thought it was pretty easy to follow - only for a very brief period of time did I have to stop and really think about what was going on.

Simply put: this is Arnold's remake of Total Recall - there are TONS of things that just SCREAM Total Recall here. I won't go into them, but they're all over the place.

In both Total Recall, and The 6th Day, Arnold wakes up in an electronic, futuristic cab driven by a robot, not having remembered what has just happened. The similarites are elsewhere as well - they're everywhere, really.

Despite that, it was a good movie...just not amazingly original. It was realistic enough to make you think, however, and the effects were good. You can expect at least one killer line out of Arnold as well.

Hiya,
First out, I have not seen this movie but any movie with Arnie in it gets a LOT of preview airtime on TV - but after seeing The last days and others, I find it very very 'tiring watching Arnie's movies now.
You are sooo right, it is like an exact copy of Total Recalls, the lost memory, the fight to regain his identity and what's not. Cause, it could be worse, could have been Steve Seagal and his usual 'We traced his background back to the military but his record has been classified TOP SECRET, no one knows where he is from' BS.
Definitely a 'wait till it comes out on video' deal.
-DoomsDay

Didn't see it.
I enjoyed it about as much as his other movies. It wasn't Oscar-caliber, but it was very entertaining.

MovieForums Extra
Absolutely right, but I think the themes are very original...human cloning is a VERY current issue, and from what I hear in the news, a human baby will be cloned in about two years...scary stuff!!